• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Looking at other CNC router options.... what do you have?

thriller007

It all started with a little 3018, then I went with a MPCNC, then a Genmistsu 4040 (still have this one) and a FoxAlien Masuter pro. I have learned more of what I like for what I am doing but now I want bigger. I am interested in finding a used Onefinity machine now. Would look at others as well but will listen to what your input is or if you are selling a machine let me know. thanks!!

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
It all started with a little 3018, then I went with a MPCNC, then a Genmistsu 4040 (still have this one) and a FoxAlien Masuter pro. I have learned more of what I like for what I am doing but now I want bigger. I am interested in finding a used Onefinity machine now. Would look at others as well but will listen to what your input is or if you are selling a machine let me know. thanks!!
A friend is looking into buying one of these.

If my name was John Snow you could say "You know nothing John Snow" and you'd be right.

I built the JGRO MDF with roller skate bearings and a palm router. Uses MACH3. One day I will replace the existing tracks with the linear bearings... Project #42.

thriller007

A friend is looking into buying one of these.

If my name was John Snow you could say "You know nothing John Snow" and you'd be right.

I built the JGRO MDF with roller skate bearings and a palm router. Uses MACH3. One day I will replace the existing tracks with the linear bearings... Project #42.
Those Shapeoko are a nice machine, especially with the ball screws. Out of my play money budget right now though. Keeping my eyes open for a used machine.

thriller007

I built a PrintNC router.
Very happy with it.
David I am always interested in your projects. You mentioned before you had built this. If you were to sum things up what do you think the time and $$'s you have invested amounted to? Time is at a premium for me. I have come to realize just like most others the $$'s are as well.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Web link?
That will take you to the main page where you can submit your size to get a parts estimate from the Aliexpress store.
There's also a wiki: https://wiki.printnc.info/en/home

Ping me and I can probably answer most of your questions.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
David I am always interested in your projects. You mentioned before you had built this. If you were to sum things up what do you think the time and $$'s you have invested amounted to? Time is at a premium for me. I have come to realize just like most others the $$'s are as well.
At the time that I built it, the kit from Aliexpress (HGR20 rails and carriages, ball screws, bearing mounts, stepper motors, spindle, spindle mount, VFD, ++) was $1100.
I went with a motion controller from CNCDrive which runs UCCNC. I also considered Acorn but it was out of my budget.
The basic assembly is not difficult as it's just drilling and tapping holes. You need to have 3D printed parts printed as they form key components of the machine (motor mounts, bearing blocks mounts, and a few other things.
What took me the most time was the electronics as I was learning the principles as I went along.
I'd estimate that I have about $2000 into the machine.
Mine is built from .125 wall 2"x3" steel tube. It is stout and rigid. There is no comparison between it and a machine built from aluminum extrusion.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
At the time that I built it, the kit from Aliexpress (HGR20 rails and carriages, ball screws, bearing mounts, stepper motors, spindle, spindle mount, VFD, ++) was $1100.
I went with a motion controller from CNCDrive which runs UCCNC. I also considered Acorn but it was out of my budget.
The basic assembly is not difficult as it's just drilling and tapping holes. You need to have 3D printed parts printed as they form key components of the machine (motor mounts, bearing blocks mounts, and a few other things.
What took me the most time was the electronics as I was learning the principles as I went along.
I'd estimate that I have about $2000 into the machine.
Mine is built from .125 wall 2"x3" steel tube. It is stout and rigid. There is no comparison between it and a machine built from aluminum extrusion.
Is there a link to that kit at Aliexpress?

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Each kit is custom quoted based on the machine size.
On this page https://threedesign.store/store/ you specify the working area of the machine and it generates the quote.
Some folks who have built have sourced their own components but it's a lot of running around and in the end most say it wasn't worth the effort.
Thanks David. I've passed on the link to my friend Jens. He doesn't actually live very from from you.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Each kit is custom quoted based on the machine size.
On this page https://threedesign.store/store/ you specify the working area of the machine and it generates the quote.
Some folks who have built have sourced their own components but it's a lot of running around and in the end most say it wasn't worth the effort.
@DavidR8 can you please post some pictures of your machine and maybe talk about some highlights? thanks!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
@DavidR8 can you please post some pictures of your machine and maybe talk about some highlights? thanks!
Here's my build thread.

Features:
- Steel frame made from .125 wall 2x3 tube so the frame is very stiff
- HGR20 linear rails and carriages - much better than V-slot and V-wheels
- 1610 Ball screws and ball nuts
- 2.2Kw watercooled spindle
The machine is scalable and the Fusion file is parametric so adjusting it to fit your needs is easy.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Here's my build thread.

Features:
- Steel frame made from .125 wall 2x3 tube so the frame is very stiff
- HGR20 linear rails and carriages - much better than V-slot and V-wheels
- 1610 Ball screws and ball nuts
- 2.2Kw watercooled spindle
The machine is scalable and the Fusion file is parametric so adjusting it to fit your needs is easy.
Enjoyed reading through that. Although I did miss why you changed from the PC cabinet to a wooden one.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
For a lark I requested a quote for the Aliexpress PrintNC hardware kit.
900x600 working area
Hi David,

Thanks for your quote request!

Your kit price is $1,070USD/$1,637AUD (plus any applicable local taxes for your region), inclusive of shipping to Canada via UPS.

What is included?
You can check out what the standard kit includes (depending on which options you select) and what you need to source yourself here. The kit + options you have selected are listed below.

How do I place an order?
If you would like to go ahead with an order, please email me your shipping address, telephone number and business name (if required) so I can generate a Paypal invoice. Please note that the invoice will be issued in AUD. You do not require a PayPal account in order to pay a PayPal invoice.

What payment options are available?
We accept payment via PayPal, Wise and direct bank transfer.
If you have a PayPal account and live in an eligible location, PayPal offers the Pay Later/Pay in 4 option for orders up to $2,000AUD - this allows you to split the payment into four interest-free payments over a period of six weeks.

What is the order lead time?
The typical order manufacturing time is up to ten business days, and then up to two weeks for shipping.

This quote is valid for seven days. If you decide to order after seven days, please reply to this email so I can check if the price is still valid.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, and thanks for supporting PrintNC!

Jharna Hogan

sales@threedesign.store
AIorK4xZ7oqXW0SMRi6OH1XSdHKe-VI-Y-Ti952pOeK_VGI5KasemxTBHar69I_x2jOeYrpA2h9vHSw

ItemsQuantity
HGR20-10752
HGR20-7752
HGR15-3002
HGH15CA4
HGW20CC8
SFU1610-11751
SFU1610-8752
SFU1204-3001
DSG12H 22mm 1
BKBF123
BK101
XB25*30-8*103
XB25*30-8*81
4*nema23 100mm 2.5nm stepper motor
1* 5 axis DB25 board+cable
1* Meanwell LRS-350w 48v power supply
1set
1*2.2kw 220v water cooled spindle
1*2.2kw 220v HY inverter
1*75w 220v water pump+10meter water pipe
1* er20 collects
1* 80mm Spindle Clamp (3 screw)
1set
25*57 cable chain2
LJ8A3-2-Z-AX M8 5
12.9 grade socket head bolts
M4X1625
M5*2070
M6*1224
M6*3030
M6*405
M6*5025

Cryoine

I just logged on after being away for quite some time, I am building a V1 engineering low rider 3 router, it is quite modular so I'm building the 8x4 version of it for handling large plywood sheets