Logan Lathe Model 1917

MGordon

Sadly after 22-years my Logan Lathe Model 1917 have to part ways, I am running out of space in my little Calgary garage. This was my first machine tool and lathe; this lathe was there through thick and thin building parts for motorcycles to school projects late into the night. After some time and many internal debates and turmoil I have finial decided to give my good lathe up to a good home. So, I have for sale my 11-inch Logan Lathe Model 1917.
Center distance: 36 inches
Bed Length: 55
Spindle Nose: 2-1/4”-8
Spindle Bore: 1-3/8”
Power: 1HP 1 phase (newer motor)
Over the years I have accumulated every accessory I could find for this machine as well as a host of new parts. I built a bench for the lathe, which includes a custom top chip tray and two (2) tool cabinets. I have more than $4K into this machine including the accumulated accessories and new parts, I am asking $2700.00 OBO. The lathe is located in Calgary and I am posting here first if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9755.JPG
    IMG_9755.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
If you have the time list the accessories it comes with. Does it have a 3 jaw chuck? Does is come with a few centers for the tail stock? Is there a travel steady?

MGordon

Accessories:

4 Jaw, 3 Jaw, face plate, lathe dog plate, a steady rest, a 5C collet closer, two tool posts, and few centers.
I also have the original motor 3/4 HP, single phase. The new motor is a 1 HP, single phase, 220V.

Pictures below.

Sorry no travel steady, I do not think that this lathe model ever had a travel steady as an accessory.

Attachments

• IMG_9764.JPG
    IMG_9764.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9763.JPG
    IMG_9763.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9760.JPG
    IMG_9760.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 0