• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Logan Lathe Model 1917

MGordon

Sadly after 22-years my Logan Lathe Model 1917 have to part ways, I am running out of space in my little Calgary garage. This was my first machine tool and lathe; this lathe was there through thick and thin building parts for motorcycles to school projects late into the night. After some time and many internal debates and turmoil I have finial decided to give my good lathe up to a good home. So, I have for sale my 11-inch Logan Lathe Model 1917.
Center distance: 36 inches
Bed Length: 55
Spindle Nose: 2-1/4”-8
Spindle Bore: 1-3/8”
Power: 1HP 1 phase (newer motor)
Over the years I have accumulated every accessory I could find for this machine as well as a host of new parts. I built a bench for the lathe, which includes a custom top chip tray and two (2) tool cabinets. I have more than $4K into this machine including the accumulated accessories and new parts, I am asking $2700.00 OBO. The lathe is located in Calgary and I am posting here first if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9755.JPG
    IMG_9755.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
If you have the time list the accessories it comes with. Does it have a 3 jaw chuck? Does is come with a few centers for the tail stock? Is there a travel steady?

MGordon

Accessories:

4 Jaw, 3 Jaw, face plate, lathe dog plate, a steady rest, a 5C collet closer, two tool posts, and few centers.
I also have the original motor 3/4 HP, single phase. The new motor is a 1 HP, single phase, 220V.

Pictures below.

Sorry no travel steady, I do not think that this lathe model ever had a travel steady as an accessory.

Attachments

• IMG_9764.JPG
    IMG_9764.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9763.JPG
    IMG_9763.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9760.JPG
    IMG_9760.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 0