• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Locked Cabinets At Canadian Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
my theory:

Need to think what changed. We’ve always had thieves. What we didn’t have was a simple way to sell stolen goods.

Used to be common for house b&e, but not as common now with alarms, doorbell cameras, and the simple fact that most of our possessions are worthless. What’s a LCD TV worth to pawn? A lot less than it weighs. And chances are it’s a smart TV and is registered with the service provider. Silverware? Do any of us own silverware anymore?

So thieves need another source, stores are easy. And without veering into politics, our legal system is skewed to try to rehabilitate rather than punish.

I worked retail a zillion years ago, no way I’d risk a confrontation with a shoplifter for minimum wage.

And the commercial enterprises that profit of “aftermarket retail” face zero consequences of distributing stolen goods. A pawn shop would be in a pile of trouble if they sold stolen goods. Nothing happens to Facebook when they aid in selling stolen goods, or support untold numbers of scammers.

we can't afford to lock up all the criminals because we wont build and staff more facilities. We also wont imprison minors who are often in these wide scale theft operations because of the bleeding hearts.. but so many are predatory sociopaths already.

IF we took the cost of losses we paid on retail purchases and spend that on prisons or hand guillotines maybe they wouldnt need to lock up everything

One thing I know, organized theft rings are better resourced than retail loss prevention teams

We may get to the point that we lose all bricks and mortar retailers except ones run like exclusive diamond merchants
Not to put too fine a point on it, but if we stop building feeding and support stations for the homeless, and stop supporting the habits of the exrement-rats, it'd go a long way towards solving the problem.
Saw a video a while back of a shopkeeper in California re-educating a would be thief with a large and rather solid looking stick. Funny as heck, to see someone who thinks nobody will actually do anything, learn otherwise...
I like this! :)

Do THIS ^^^ a couple times, and word gets around REALLY quick!

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if we stop building feeding and support stations for the homeless, and stop supporting the habits of the exrement-rats, it'd go a long way towards solving the problem.
Saw a video a while back of a shopkeeper in California re-educating a would be thief with a large and rather solid looking stick. Funny as heck, to see someone who thinks nobody will actually do anything, learn otherwise...
I like this! :)

Do THIS ^^^ a couple times, and word gets around REALLY quick!
the fact is the organized crime groups are not the homeless, and at every level our govts pay literal peanuts towards helping solve the homeless issue.

the fact is the organized crime groups are not the homeless, and at every level our govts pay literal peanuts towards helping solve the homeless issue.
Yep. Not blaming it all on the homeless, but at least in my small town, do you want to guess what areas overlap?

IMO, life was better, when Politics still used Rope, as feedback, and the weak-willed, were corrected with welts and maybe cracked bones!

The root cause, is still that the cops don't come, and when they do, the Courts don't do anything with their work.

The dirt-rats are not stupid. They really DO understand cause and effect. What they see, is that nobody is going to hold them accountable.

I'll happily support anyone with the gumption to put a stick to a shoplifter, like the guys in the video posted above, did!

Yep. Not blaming it all on the homeless, but at least in my small town, do you want to guess what areas overlap?

IMO, life was better, when Politics still used Rope, as feedback, and the weak-willed, were corrected with welts and maybe cracked bones!

The root cause, is still that the cops don't come, and when they do, the Courts don't do anything with their work.

The dirt-rats are not stupid. They really DO understand cause and effect. What they see, is that nobody is going to hold them accountable.

I'll happily support anyone with the gumption to put a stick to a shoplifter, like the guys in the video posted above, did!

The police are arresting these people who are right back out on the street the same day...it's insanity what the change in the laws for bail did. Fix that and that alone and crime rates would be massively reduced, since these people wouldn't be out there to reoffend day after day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back