• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Light lathe work Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Sorry everyone looks like I messed up and missed one of the pictures. I fixed it above please have a look for part 2.

John, i get an error message trying to view the attached new picture. Tells me to check back later.

Could the two parts be replaced with one? No splines no threads no keyways. It depends on what else these parts interface with I guess.

that would be a another solution if the design allows... perhaps Kelly can shed some light on this idea?

K

Kelly

Thank you to all interested parties. The item is a very old safe, so far my research indicates possibly 1948 as there are 2 advertisements in Popular Mechanics magazine for this safe. I cannot find a single safe exactly like mine and the other ones of close vintage have significant differences in marking and function. More pictures forthcoming.

Janger

(John)
Vendor
Premium Member
ladies and gentlemen it's a safe!
lid views.jpg

Janger

(John)
Vendor
Premium Member
If we are going to continue talking about this Kelly you should join as a proper member and start a new post under the "projects" forum. As it is I have to manually approve every post as the spam preventer is doing its job. So there is a delay until I notice this needs doing.

Janger

(John)
Vendor
Premium Member
John, i get an error message trying to view the attached new picture. Tells me to check back later.

that would be a another solution if the design allows... perhaps Kelly can shed some light on this idea?

Rudy reboot your computer. Anyone else having trouble with that photo?

Brent H

Ultra Member
No but the site hung me for the afternoon on my reply to you @Janger and was awaiting moderator approval? - soon as your pics came in it seemed to post?

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Still can’t see picture in your post #12.

I do see all the additional ones and info subsequent to that.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
I guess the dial is pressed on the rod, and a piece of fresh brass would be needed, or a 3DP pattern and cast bit of brass. If one needs to weld a shaft, what is the dial material? It looks soft ....

Janger

(John)
Vendor
Premium Member
Thread closed please see Kelly’s post in projects. Vintage safe restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.