• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Life transition

Welcome to retirement! Now you have to decide - will you be the 5 AM to 9 PM early bird old guy, or the 10 AM to 1 AM nite owl old guy?

And don’t forget you’re now allowed to go grocery shopping at 10 AM on Tuesdays.
I'm definitely the former. I have been getting up at 0700 hrs for as long as I can remember.
Staying up late is not my cup of tea.
 
Heard back about the Spitfire....the guy who brought it to the yard came and picked it up. So that's off the table. Some what relieved actually.
 
Are kids ever a finished project?
Nope it’s a lifelong project teaching honesty, morals, and how to blend into the crowd lol.
What you are experiencing now on the streets is the results of the what about me generation. Like right now kid maybe 13/14 comes into Timmie’s and yells to his friends “ Hey ya wanna gangbang in the washroom “ ……. So glad the powers let them in but now I have to worry about someone’s Daughter because they don’t have rights in their country.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to retirement! Now you have to decide - will you be the 5 AM to 9 PM early bird old guy, or the 10 AM to 1 AM nite owl old guy?

And don’t forget you’re now allowed to go grocery shopping at 10 AM on Tuesdays.

3rd category is the flexible hours old guy. I like a routine and try to keep consistent hours but sometimes I find myself working in the shop until 3am or later. It's when you have a project or repair idea where you want to reach a conclusion. Otherwise, if I don't follow through I won't rest easy.
 
Hi Guys,
Just wait till the wife wakes you up at 3,30 in the morning and asks what you want for breakfast ! Like this morning, then 7 am and getting ready to go to the supermarket because she wants to get the early morning bargains and fresh milk.
Well its only a ten minute drive to the supermarket. We were there for the 8am milk delivery, back home an hour later with a second breakfast !
 
Too bad about the Spitfire.

I retired mid January. So far I’ve had one morning where I was a bit bored…
I'm disappointed about the Spit too really as it could have been a fun car.

I have yet to have a day where I lacked things to do. Aging in-laws, a zillion house, yard and shop projects seem to keep me very busy. Like every retiree has said before "I don't know how i had time to work!"
 
Back
Top