Thanks Tom!Sorry to hear that!
Thanks Tom!Sorry to hear that!
Yup. I was hoping to retire at 63. This is about 3 years too soon but I'm hoping I can make it work.Man that sucks!
Take those lemons and ask for tequila and salt.
If it's good tequila, just some ice.
Yup. I was hoping to retire at 63. This is about 3 years too soon but I'm hoping I can make it work.
Just think of how much more time you'll have to flip lathes😛Yup. I was hoping to retire at 63. This is about 3 years too soon but I'm hoping I can make it work.
I'm definitely keeping my peepers peeled for opportunities!If I had known then what I know now, I would retire the very first day that I could. It's easy to underestimate how much less you really need or what the true "cost" is for a job. It's also easy to underestimate how much some companies are willing to pay for a contract employee or a consultant. Retirement doesn't need to mean you don't do anything anymore.
I'd encourage you to try David. It's especially good cuz you can kinda choose your hours.
@Mike R I definitely encourage you to line up your financial ducks. I'm in a pretty good situation as I pulled my Telus pension when I left there, invested it and it's grown substantially since. Add in my severance and it's a tidy sum. My earliest unreduced public service pension is at 60 years old, approximately 8 months from now. I just need to figure out how to beat arrange the chess pieces to my advantage.
That's one funny looking gopher.If I still had a Stabijhoun I wouldn't need any help but alas we're not ready for another puppy yet.
View attachment 71907
View attachment 71910
We'd love that but at the same time not if that makes any sense at allYou could always do what I did and buy a farm...... with a huge shop (I mean barn....), surrounded by wildlife....
I've probably said "I'd love to retire now" about 100 times in the last year. So maybe the universe heard me?Sorry to hear that David, but if you're thinking of retirement, maybe not a bad thing?
In the words of a former Saskatchewan premier, You're not being laid off, you're being transferred to the private sector.I've probably said "I'd love to retire now" about 100 times in the last year. So maybe the universe heard me?
I don't think Sus has priced out farms in our neck of the woods.We'd love that but at the same time not if that makes any sense at all
I have a count down app on my phone, it's at 503 days. There are still days when I consider changing it from days to sleeps.I've probably said "I'd love to retire now" about 100 times in the last year. So maybe the universe heard me?