I'm working my network to see what kind of small machining or fabrication jobs I can do.Any chance that translation work you do could grow?
I'm working my network to see what kind of small machining or fabrication jobs I can do.Any chance that translation work you do could grow?
Not really. I'm a privacy and security wonk combined with a large dose of business system and process design, contract negotiation and policy interpretation thrown in. I have an MBA so I'm one of those that most people deride 🙂Is your skillset deemed as replaceable with AI?
It sounds like the management itself is likely short of experience, knowledge and skills!The thing that amazes me is that there is no reorg plan yet but they let 20 years of experience, knowledge and skills walk out of the building even though they don't know what the new organization will look like.
Third generation and nearing retirement, I have successfully avoided wealth and good fortune thus far and am probably too dumb to notice anyway. 🙄Welcome to trucking 😀
Yup, that's the part that makes no sense to me. And my skillset is smack dab in the middle of one of the new business areas they want to establish. <Shrug>It sounds like the management itself is likely short of experience, knowledge and skills!
You're beating me, dang it, it also appears that you're better looking too.Third generation and nearing retirement, I have successfully avoided wealth and good fortune thus far and am probably too dumb to notice anyway. 🙄
...... but, on a good day I can still lift heavy things. 😛
Wealth and fame are overrated. I'd prefer to work in an industry where the general public hates me, law enforcement likes to bend me over, businesses won't allow me bathroom access and I'm expected to drive 100 mph in all types of weatherThird generation and nearing retirement, I have successfully avoided wealth and good fortune thus far and am probably too dumb to notice anyway. 🙄
...... but, on a good day I can still lift heavy things. 😛
Sounds like you would make an excellent privacy commissioner.Not really. I'm a privacy and security wonk combined with a large dose of business system and process design, contract negotiation and policy interpretation thrown in. I have an MBA so I'm one of those that most people deride 🙂
Wealth and fame are overrated. I'd prefer to work in an industry where the general public hates me, law enforcement likes to bend me over, businesses won't allow me bathroom access and I'm expected to drive 100 mph in all types of weather
But you get to see some cool things and meet some cool people. Even the dirty westerners 😛
One member has said I'm the only person from the east he's let in his front door 😀
Yup, that's the part that makes no sense to me. And my skillset is smack dab in the middle of one of the new business areas they want to establish. <Shrug>
Hilariously I know one of the former privacy commissioners of BC. And her son was one my wife's students.Sounds like you would make an excellent privacy commissioner.
But unfortunately for another province.
I have this ditch that needs extending........We are rock stars when they show up just as we are finishing cleaning up a big a avalanche, but we are the line blocking turd in @jcdammeyer 's sewer line when we stop them so we can blow one down.....
......
Speaking of whom........ since you're kinda not busy @DavidR8, John could use a hand..
View attachment 71888
You might get yourself a helper soon John.I have this ditch that needs extending........
We used to board the Sask privacy commissioners dog when he was on holiday. The commish was blind and his wife took over the seeing eye job on holidays.Hilariously I know one of the former privacy commissioners of BC. And her son was one my wife's students.
As someone who recently had ten of the little darlings, I can affirm. None of us are ready..... puppies that is.If I still had a Stabijhoun I wouldn't need any help but alas we're not ready for another puppy yet.
View attachment 71907
View attachment 71909
View attachment 71910
I was sort of expecting it but it was still a gut punch.Oh boy sorry to hear that. Did the news hit you blindside or were you at least expecting it or aware of the possibility?
Thanks Jeff, that's definitely an option I'm exploring. I did consult to the province for about a year when I first moved here so it's a gig I'm sorta familiar with.David,
Sorry to hear about that. These are definitely strange times. Many moons ago we sold the 2rd start-up that I was involved with. At that point thinking of working for someone just didn't appeal to me so I started a consulting gig and did that for about 12 years. No regrets. Perhaps that's an avenue.
Sorry to hear that!Well I'm sad to say that the EV conversion project will not be proceeding due to the fact that I was laid off from my job today.