• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Large Milwaukee Milling machine - $800, BC

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That's a beast for sure. If it works and is complete that would be a deal, even if it might be an oddball machine. I'm going to bet someone on the forum will know something about them.

JReimer

Just herd from the seller. the reason for the price is all on the buyer to figure out how to move 4 ton of steel. he's going to send me a video of it running

JReimer

4 tons is very manageable!
Perfect - can you come help me? :). I think the size is more machine then use for me, although I would like something more solid then my little Craftex ct133.

I think this Kearney and Trecker Milwaukee mill is similar to the one on Fireball tools

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
similar, but a lot smaller - the one on Fireball was bought from near there and shipped to Spokane where Fireaball is. it weighted over 20,000 lbs or 9 tons.

It's a long commute from Calgary to help. I have most of the equipment, except for a trailer that can handle it. Getting a 5 ton forklift and flatbed is your best bet. cost to move? I'd guess about 1500-2000$

If it were here, I'd rent a 10,000 lb trailer and buy new machinery skates. My home brew ones are only good for 2500lbs each. I have almost everything else.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
similar, but a lot smaller - the one on Fireball was bought from near there and shipped to Spokane where Fireaball is. it weighted over 20,000 lbs or 9 tons.

It's a long commute from Calgary to help. I have most of the equipment, except for a trailer that can handle it. Getting a 5 ton forklift and flatbed is your best bet.

If it were here, I'd rent a 10,000 lb trailer and buy new machinery skates. My home brew ones are only good for 2500lbs each. I have almost everything else.

My flatbed is tractor rated - at 9999. You are welcome to borrow it.

We could make bigger farm brew skates.

Maybe swing by @Brent H and pickup his wench.

:p

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Oh man A seller that appreciates the time and effort involved to move the thing ! Who woulda thought

Definitely do-able, like @Dabbler said, forklift a trailer and maybe some skates, 1000-2000$, maybe less if you have some friends with the stuff

KeeponDragon

Super User
a buddy in Richmond sent me this link last night, titled "ya coming to look at it??"
That thing is a beast!
I know the floor of my workshop is thicker than average, but still, 4 tons??
whoever gets it, is gonna get a smoking deal for sure, even if moving it is 2k

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
a buddy in Richmond sent me this link last night, titled "ya coming to look at it??"
That thing is a beast!
I know the floor of my workshop is thicker than average, but still, 4 tons??
whoever gets it, is gonna get a smoking deal for sure, even if moving it is 2k

Don't let 4 tons deter you! a diesel 3/4t pickup is 4 tons these days, and that sits on 4 tiny little contact patches ! Might be tough to get into a basement though

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Don't let 4 tons deter you! a diesel 3/4t pickup is 4 tons these days, and that sits on 4 tiny little contact patches ! Might be tough to get into a basement though
I'm thinking it might not be too hard to get in the basement. Large crane, set it on the floor in the main living area. Poof it's in the basement.

With the right tools you can do just about anything. I had a 14 inch shaper I sold a few years back (needed the space) and the guy showed up with a flat deck to truck. I had already put some 2 x 4 skids under it. He hooked a strap around it and use the winch on the truck to just drag it right up. Took all of five minutes. When I moved it out of the old shop and into my garage it was a two day project.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
That's a sharp looking machine.

I have had a fondness for Cincinnati mills with the same look... IF I were closer I'd help you. But you're far better to hire trailer and forklift as previously mentioned.

That sure wont fit on a set of casters like are popular for bridgeports

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I was thinking machine skates and 5 ton gantry crane, drive the trailer under it.

Yea that would be even cheaper, assuming you can get the trailer inside the building, a guy should scope it out before spending any money on rentals

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I was thinking machine skates and 5 ton gantry crane, drive the trailer under it.
It is a lot easier to find a fork lift than a 5 ton gantry crane around here. I imagine a 5 ton crane is a pain to set up too based on my experience with 2 ton cranes.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Yea that would be even cheaper, assuming you can get the trailer inside the building, a guy should scope it out before spending any money on rentals
I doubt that anyone is rushing to buy this so you likely have time to check it out.

Make sure that you can actually move the mill and go through each step in your head and visualize exactly how everything will go. Can you actually get the mill to roll out of the current building, can whatever surface is outside support machine skates or whatever you plan to use to move the mill? Almost every difficult job I had at the sellers end had a fork lift and went smoothly despite having to travel over rough broken pavement...

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I doubt that anyone is rushing to buy this so you likely have time to check it out.

All I ment was someone shouldn't make the assumption they can bring a forklift or gantry and have it out, if comming from far I would get The seller to make a video of the route out. Then a plan can be made

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
Wow, that thing is sturdy! How can a person not fall in love with something like that? I feel like I live in a machinery desert......wait.