Tool Knipex Cobra Pliers

Tool

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I buy a LOT from amazon. Mostly because of convenience, unless its something i need right now. I rarley price compare on smaller items. However, the other day I needed to order some Ridgid cutting oil, and my parts supplier locally doesn't have it, so I go on Amazon. It was 63 bucks. Last jug was around 32 iirc. So i search the part number and find it on Home Depot for 37 with free delivery. It'll be here tomorrow.
Too much of Amazon is some wanker buying that oil at HD, listing for double the price hoping no one notices.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Too much of Amazon is some wanker buying that oil at HD, listing for double the price hoping no one notices.

I get rid of that problem by only searching for prime products. Just flip the prime toggle and the trollers are history.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I get rid of that problem by only searching for prime products. Just flip the prime toggle and the trollers are history.

How does that work? I've bought lots under the prime banner that were from rinky dink sellers. I thought prime is an option any vendor can opt for. i.e. give up margin in return for all that "prime" involves (featured at the top, free fast delivery etc)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
How does that work? I've bought lots under the prime banner that were from rinky dink sellers. I thought prime is an option any vendor can opt for. i.e. give up margin in return for all that "prime" involves (featured at the top, free fast delivery etc)

I'm not really sure how it works. I'm not an amazon vendor. But I've always thought Prime meant more than that. You can also filter on price and assorted other characteristics.

Screenshot_20240220_073417_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Eventually the company was run into the ground by poor management and sold off.
MEC. One day it will feature at university in a classic case of corporate takeover.

People 'with extensive experience in the outdoor products industry' began running for the BOD. Some of us tried to signal that they would try to sell off MEC to one of the big 3 at least 5 years before they did...

They quite deliberately ran the cash reserves down. They did it by overbuying stock, and selling new stock at below price, and leveraged against store locations to get very big loans, ostensibly to purchase more stock. When they sold, it was for less than 25% of asset value. The sales price serviced the loans, leaving Kingswood with about a 400M-500M$ company for about a third of that.

It makes me sad and angry to think about it. I was a member since 1979.