King 1440 Lathe Govdeals Chestermere Alberta

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Right in @RobinHood's backyard.
16783_86_1.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
So how much is it worth? Its form 2009. So about 14 year old machine. 50c on a $? New price is (cheapest I found) 9500 CAD.

Assuming all is OK with it.

Premium is 6%. Loading is unknown - may have to self load.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@Tom Kitta From the pictures it needs a thorough inspection. Only a 3J included (so far) No 4J, or steady rest. Mt3 tailstock... weighs in that 1700-2000 lb range.. I moved one myself with a come-along and a Home Depot rented trailer a few years back. Take it slow, and it goes pretty easy.

I can help, you will need lathe skates - I have a set.If you opt for H Depot instead of Sunbelt, you will need a ramp of some kind. The HD trailer tailgate/ramp isn't suitable. I'd recommend the Sunbelt trailer - makes the job a breeze, and no ramp needed, just a come-along. Bring twice the number of straps you think you need. Ask me how I know over coffee some day...

If I wanted it, without the 4J or steady, I bid in the 2800-3000 range maximum. it will cost about 400 to get a really good 4j, and another 100 to get a steady. So if they add these to the lot, then add accordingly.

Proxule

Ultra Member
@Tom Kitta From the pictures it needs a thorough inspection. Only a 3J included (so far) No 4J, or steady rest. Mt3 tailstock... weighs in that 1700-2000 lb range.. I moved one myself with a come-along and a Home Depot rented trailer a few years back. Take it slow, and it goes pretty easy.

I can help, you will need lathe skates - I have a set.If you opt for H Depot instead of Sunbelt, you will need a ramp of some kind. The HD trailer tailgate/ramp isn't suitable. I'd recommend the Sunbelt trailer - makes the job a breeze, and no ramp needed, just a come-along. Bring twice the number of straps you think you need. Ask me how I know over coffee some day...

If I wanted it, without the 4J or steady, I bid in the 2800-3000 range maximum. it will cost about 400 to get a really good 4j, and another 100 to get a steady. So if they add these to the lot, then add accordingly.
I moved my 14S Elliot shaper with this trailer, I simply pulled the ramp shaft out and removed the whole ramp from the trailer, Easy peasy.
Move the trailer above your engine hoist legs and whala. Easy lift.

Art M

Stan Canada in Nisku has their branded 14x40 with DRO and tool post for about $11,000 brand new single phase.
I've been looking for a 14x40 but it needs to be high enough quality to give up my Colchester Bantam, and I don't need bigger I just want it.
Yes I have a problem.
Art

Proxule

Ultra Member
Stan Canada in Nisku has their branded 14x40 with DRO and tool post for about $11,000 brand new single phase.
I've been looking for a 14x40 but it needs to be high enough quality to give up my Colchester Bantam, and I don't need bigger I just want it.
Yes I have a problem.
Art
We all have a problem, All relative.