• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

King 1440 Lathe Govdeals Chestermere Alberta

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Right in @RobinHood's backyard.
16783_86_1.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
So how much is it worth? Its form 2009. So about 14 year old machine. 50c on a $? New price is (cheapest I found) 9500 CAD.

Assuming all is OK with it.

Premium is 6%. Loading is unknown - may have to self load.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@Tom Kitta From the pictures it needs a thorough inspection. Only a 3J included (so far) No 4J, or steady rest. Mt3 tailstock... weighs in that 1700-2000 lb range.. I moved one myself with a come-along and a Home Depot rented trailer a few years back. Take it slow, and it goes pretty easy.

I can help, you will need lathe skates - I have a set.If you opt for H Depot instead of Sunbelt, you will need a ramp of some kind. The HD trailer tailgate/ramp isn't suitable. I'd recommend the Sunbelt trailer - makes the job a breeze, and no ramp needed, just a come-along. Bring twice the number of straps you think you need. Ask me how I know over coffee some day...

If I wanted it, without the 4J or steady, I bid in the 2800-3000 range maximum. it will cost about 400 to get a really good 4j, and another 100 to get a steady. So if they add these to the lot, then add accordingly.

Proxule

Ultra Member
@Tom Kitta From the pictures it needs a thorough inspection. Only a 3J included (so far) No 4J, or steady rest. Mt3 tailstock... weighs in that 1700-2000 lb range.. I moved one myself with a come-along and a Home Depot rented trailer a few years back. Take it slow, and it goes pretty easy.

I can help, you will need lathe skates - I have a set.If you opt for H Depot instead of Sunbelt, you will need a ramp of some kind. The HD trailer tailgate/ramp isn't suitable. I'd recommend the Sunbelt trailer - makes the job a breeze, and no ramp needed, just a come-along. Bring twice the number of straps you think you need. Ask me how I know over coffee some day...

If I wanted it, without the 4J or steady, I bid in the 2800-3000 range maximum. it will cost about 400 to get a really good 4j, and another 100 to get a steady. So if they add these to the lot, then add accordingly.
I moved my 14S Elliot shaper with this trailer, I simply pulled the ramp shaft out and removed the whole ramp from the trailer, Easy peasy.
Move the trailer above your engine hoist legs and whala. Easy lift.

Art M

Stan Canada in Nisku has their branded 14x40 with DRO and tool post for about $11,000 brand new single phase.
I've been looking for a 14x40 but it needs to be high enough quality to give up my Colchester Bantam, and I don't need bigger I just want it.
Yes I have a problem.
Art

Proxule

Ultra Member
Stan Canada in Nisku has their branded 14x40 with DRO and tool post for about $11,000 brand new single phase.
I've been looking for a 14x40 but it needs to be high enough quality to give up my Colchester Bantam, and I don't need bigger I just want it.
Yes I have a problem.
Art
We all have a problem, All relative.