Just saying hello

Anybody who sets us up for such great fun and lots of laughs is gunna be welcome all the time any time!

Any pictures of anything old you have restored? We love pictures here cuz we can't read well.

(No pics of ugly old guys please.....)
I will post some pics once l get my feet wet and figure out the site.

I will post some pics once l get my feet wet and figure out the site.
Perhaps wait until the feet dry a little bit before playing with the electrical devices or at the very least remove them from the puddle first.....:rolleyes:

.......you did kinda ask for help in your first post.
........ and we didn't really disclose what kind of help we might be.....:oops:

iLLian1OF7

Hello from Edmonton Alberta, my name is Jeff, I am a plumber/gas fitter by trade and a hobby enthusiast by heart. I have to try everything. What I hope to find here is a new friend with a cast iron foundry. It would be real swell. I have access (because I am a plumber) to grey cast iron for free (don't worry... it is clean) and I would LOVE to cast the parts for an ATLAS 10F that I have plans for, strictly for fun. I would also LOVE to cast a 4x2(3) cast iron surface plate and a 2x2 surfacer. I am not a machinist, I am a geek with curiosity (or maybe ADHD, wife says so). I love building things ( hence plumbing/gasfitting commercial level) >>IF<< I get going, I love to help people, keeping in mind that in my company I work for, I train all the new apprentices, I love teaching. Any knowledge I have is yours.

Current Project, I have taken an old HWT (sorry, hot water tank) and STARTED turning it into an Aluminum Foundry, I work construction so I have a ridiculous amount of aluminum come my way, as well as a bit of brass. I am hoping to make aluminum brass in my foundry, and if I can't make friends with someone with a cast iron foundry in the local I will make everything I need out of aluminum brass.

I hope to be a benifit to the group. Nice to meet you.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome nice to have you. I do some machining mostly as hobby but some as repair work and I too wish I had a friend with a foundry. Foundry looks like a fun hobby that has great potential for machining and creativity!

Having easy/cheap access to raw materials would definitely be a very good incentive to get into foundry. There is quite a few fellows on this forum that have that experience . I am not one of them.