Just saying hello

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from farm country south of Chatham Ontario. Lots to learn from the young fellers here. The energy, passion, and open mindedness is endless! :D

Welcome from Lillooet BC. Tell us a little bit about where your interests lie and what you have to work with...... I think it would be difficult to have an interest that isn't shared with someone else here. Some guys are into the newest and greatest of the CNC world, a few are into the old line shaft era machines and everyone else lies somewhere in between..... But, all are a great bunch who will bend over backwards to try and get you pointed in the right direction.

Welcome from Lillooet BC. Tell us a little bit about where your interests lie and what you have to work with...... I think it would be difficult to have an interest that isn't shared with someone else here. Some guys are into the newest and greatest of the CNC world, a few are into the old line shaft era machines and everyone else lies somewhere in between..... But, all are a great bunch who will bend over backwards to try and get you pointed in the right direction.
Thanks for the great advice. I’m from St Catharines, Ontario. My hobbies include restoring anything old. Recently purchased a couple Sherline mills and lathe to make those little pieces you just can’t purchase. I’m in the process of restoring three older lathes, a 1920’s Drummond lathe, and early Myford lathe and a Hardinge collet lathe. Looking for a Taig mill to add to my shop as well.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Be careful, you may get drawn into some of the long winded and complex debates that erupt occasionally.:)

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from south of Calgary, theres a lot of different interests on here. As to restoring anything old, might want to refine that a bit, other wise maybe a long line out side your door, I could do with a bit (wife says a lot) of restoring.

trlvn

Ultra Member
"My hobbies include restoring anything old."

Yeah, I think you're going to fit in here! Welcome from Oakville, ON.

Craig

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
My hobbies include restoring anything old.

Anything?.......

Any chance you can restore an old Susquatch? Even a minor snow removal would be nice! But a facelift might make others happier around here. The very best would be a complete restoration to like new - especially the recreation area.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Anything?.......

Any chance you can restore an old Susquatch? Even a minor snow removal would be nice! But a facelift might make others happier around here. The very best would be a complete restoration to like new - especially the recreation area.
Hee hee you beat me to it susquatch! I too was wanting a restoration.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Personally, I would go for just a mild tuneup. The existing patina gets me discounts at many stores, and seats on the bus.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks so much for welcoming me.

Anybody who sets us up for such great fun and lots of laughs is gunna be welcome all the time any time!

Any pictures of anything old you have restored? We love pictures here cuz we can't read well.

(No pics of ugly old guys please.....)