Just Had a (Far Too) Long Talk with My Neighbour....

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
But Bill Gates and others like him control us already. Ever heard of Windows?

What about mass media / social media - any attempt at competition is deemed "Chinese spying" - like Chinese care to spy on us - they spy like our governments - on people they rule.

Only company cough spying is CISCO yet we ban Hauwei - maybe b/c these bastards not only copy but also started (horror) to innovate and (horror) are doing a good job so much so they are now world leader?

I agree, closer to 90% or more are stupid. Well, then again, certain dictator summed up democracy as a system where two idiots outvote the smart one - implying 66%.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
My best friend of 40 years fell for all this conspiracy crap about 3 years ago. You name it, Bill and Hillary are pedophile satanists, Trudeau is a muslim communist trying to institute Sharia law, Christia Freeland is controlled by George Soros, the Deep State is controlled by Charles Schwab, Bill Gates and George Soros, Gates and the microchip vaccine, Biden stole the election, Alex Jones deciphered the Georgia guidestones, Sandy Hook was all child actors, Twin towers was a false flag job, covid is just the flu. Everything except Flat Earth. The latest is that the airlines are going to NOT allow vaccinated passengers because of the liability regarding increased risk of blood clots. The beauty of that one is the airline they give as an example is Pan AM. They went bankrupt 30 years ago, lol.
It's nice to think that these people are just a bunch of loons but my buddy was a pretty regular guy for most of his life. Lately though.....
When I called him to tell him my mother died in December from covid in a care home in Regina along with 42 of her friends he said it was just a bad flu thinning out the old folks.
We don't talk much these days:(
First of all...so sorry about your mom. It's never easy to lose a parent, worse yet to a pandemic. So please accept all our condolences on the forum.

As for you neighbour, I'm also sorry to hear this, which is completely out of character for me. I normally wouldn't have the time of day for wackadoodles like this. But as I get older and I have seen sane people do an about-face on the reality highway. Not sure if it is old age, a tramadic event, or a series of medical issues that alter their personality. But I'm seeing it more and more. I am trying to hold my tongue most of the time—other than to tell them they are wrong and the responsible thing to do is educate themselves without falling victim to religion, conspiracy theories or other bias. Sounds good in writing, but it's tough to communicate this verbally w/o calling them a dumba**.

Both my wife and I have been deeply disappointed by friends and family during the course of this crisis for their opinions and actions. The fact that the AB Government is holding a lottery is acknowledgement that you can't win some people over with science and facts; however, bribing them with a free lottery is still a win if they get vaccinated. A sad win, but one for the greater good I suppose.

I've depressed myself writing this—time to go back to the shop.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
I had the microchip,conversation with a micro-brained co-worker. I asked him how the nurse at the vaccination clinic knew which ID chip to use, and how they could be sorted out inside the vaccine vial?

When I get my second shot in a couple of weeks I’m going to ask the nurse, might need to ask a supervisor.

Think of the average person, think how often they seem to be stupid, and then realize that, statistically, half the people you meet will be stupider.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Some people aren't worth having an intelligent conversation with

sad, but more true than ever.

These people are suffering from a form of brainwashing. Studies show if you hear the same things over and over again, the probability increases that you will believe it, and sadly, it is the same across the entire IQ range. Listen enough, and it becomes a near certainty. No one is completely immune. sad to say.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I had the microchip,conversation with a micro-brained co-worker. I asked him how the nurse at the vaccination clinic knew which ID chip to use, and how they could be sorted out inside the vaccine vial?
I can’t imagine what would be going through my mind during this conversation, other than…

“Paddle faster. I hear banjos.”

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
First of all...so sorry about your mom. It's never easy to lose a parent, worse yet to a pandemic. So please accept all our condolences on the forum.

As for you neighbour, I'm also sorry to hear this, which is completely out of character for me. I normally wouldn't have the time of day for wackadoodles like this. But as I get older and I have seen sane people do an about-face on the reality highway. Not sure if it is old age, a tramadic event, or a series of medical issues that alter their personality. But I'm seeing it more and more. I am trying to hold my tongue most of the time—other than to tell them they are wrong and the responsible thing to do is educate themselves without falling victim to religion, conspiracy theories or other bias. Sounds good in writing, but it's tough to communicate this verbally w/o calling them a dumba**.

Both my wife and I have been deeply disappointed by friends and family during the course of this crisis for their opinions and actions. The fact that the AB Government is holding a lottery is acknowledgement that you can't win some people over with science and facts; however, bribing them with a free lottery is still a win if they get vaccinated. A sad win, but one for the greater good I suppose.

I've depressed myself writing this—time to go back to the shop.
Thank you.

BMW Rider

Super User
Those people who believe this whole pandemic was a conspiracy orchestrated by governments clearly have a much higher opinion of the intelligence and skill of our government than I do.

Remember, never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

terry_g

Ultra Member
There has been a lot of conflicting information on the media about Covid and the vaccines.
I'm fairly sure my wife and myself both had Covid in April of 2020. We both had all the
symptoms which lasted about ten days. We recovered and stayed home for another
few days.
I read an article a few weeks back where doctors were questioning the government why
people were not having antibody tests before giving them the vaccine. There are risks to
taking any vaccine and why would it be given to people that do not need it especially
when there is not enough vaccine to go around.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
why would it be given to people that do not need it

@terry_g There is a simple medical answer. If you take one of the mRNA vaccines such a Phizer, it trains your system to respond differently than for a specific strain of COVID19. If you get the original COVID19, your have almost no immunity to the delta strain, for instance. If you have had both your shots for Pfizer, you would have around 70% immunity to the delta variant, as well as 95+% immunity to the original COVID19. If you got the delta variant, the same is true for the original strain, with slightly different percentages.

Crosche

Super User
My best friend of 40 years fell for all this conspiracy crap about 3 years ago. You name it, Bill and Hillary are pedophile satanists, Trudeau is a muslim communist trying to institute Sharia law, Christia Freeland is controlled by George Soros, the Deep State is controlled by Charles Schwab, Bill Gates and George Soros, Gates and the microchip vaccine, Biden stole the election, Alex Jones deciphered the Georgia guidestones, Sandy Hook was all child actors, Twin towers was a false flag job, covid is just the flu. Everything except Flat Earth. The latest is that the airlines are going to NOT allow vaccinated passengers because of the liability regarding increased risk of blood clots. The beauty of that one is the airline they give as an example is Pan AM. They went bankrupt 30 years ago, lol.
It's nice to think that these people are just a bunch of loons but my buddy was a pretty regular guy for most of his life. Lately though.....
When I called him to tell him my mother died in December from covid in a care home in Regina along with 42 of her friends he said it was just a bad flu thinning out the old folks.
We don't talk much these days:(

Sounds like he is a victim of social media; chalk full of simple answers for desperate people who yearn for a simpler way of life. Social media has made made almost everything seem untrustworthy. I know some people who you could read the ingredient label on a jar of peanut butter to and they would disbelieve it. Money might make the world go around, but it's trust that holds the world together and allows us to build complex societies.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
My best friend of 40 years fell for all this conspiracy crap about 3 years ago. You name it, Bill and Hillary are pedophile satanists, Trudeau is a muslim communist trying to institute Sharia law, Christia Freeland is controlled by George Soros, the Deep State is controlled by Charles Schwab, Bill Gates and George Soros, Gates and the microchip vaccine,

It would be interesting for Freeland to be controlled by Soros. Soros is a Jew. Freeland is a granddaughter of a Nazi. Freeland grandfather was chief editor of a newspaper in occupied Poland. Before Soviets moved in Nazi authorities moved him to Germany proper. Hard to deny ... given that its ... well ... in writing. Did not stop Freeland whom said that her grandfather fought the Nazis... from the inside? She is one of the so called unrepeated Nazis, children / grandchildren whom never denounced role of their ancestors in the Holocaust.
See https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...was-editor-of-nazi-newspaper/article34236881/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakivs'ki_Visti

Newspaper was distributed primarily in the East and I am sure it had a role in the death of over 1million Poles - most of them Jews.

Then again, today in Ukraine Nazis are seen as "freedom fighters" - they even have statues to Stephan Bandera - one of the authors of the Holocaust. They have SS cemetery next to monuments. There is even SS cross in Ontario - on private land. All this and... surprise... President of Ukraine is a Jew. So maybe I am just ranting and conspiracy theory is plausible?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
@terry_g There is a simple medical answer. If you take one of the mRNA vaccines such a Phizer, it trains your system to respond differently than for a specific strain of COVID19. If you get the original COVID19, your have almost no immunity to the delta strain, for instance. If you have had both your shots for Pfizer, you would have around 70% immunity to the delta variant, as well as 95+% immunity to the original COVID19. If you got the delta variant, the same is true for the original strain, with slightly different percentages.

A good vaccine accounts for multiple vectors - so a virus would have to change multiple things about it in order to go around it.

Virus is going now for mostly brute force approach - it is decreasing the amount of the viral agent needed to infect.

A vaccine makes your immune system stronger by teaching it to recognize the enemy from different angles BUT if your immune system was weak due to say age a much "stronger" virus, such as Delta variant may still overpower it and lead to death.

We see what Epsilon variant brings and future ones. It is almost certain virus will escape the vaccine(s). BUT it is not hard to quickly re-formulate current vaccine against new "similar" threat. We just need to be ready like UK - with 3 brand new factories already making vaccines. Of course under our current PM we are a bit domed as he does not get "preparation".

We also may need a booster shot soon - probably within a year. That booster may be modified against latest variants. It is unlikely we get rid of this COVID thing in the next decade. Worse, we may have a new COVID come around, for which Canada is not prepared much better then in 2020.