• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

John Bertram and Sons Horizontal Mill, Lambton Shores ON, $1500

Rauce

Ultra Member

Price is steep but it looks like the seller is a scrapper. Probably picked it up and figures he can get a more than scrap value for it. One could probably work a deal.

Neat looking machine, don’t think I’ve seen a small horizontal quite like it before. I know exactly where it was made, not far from my house. It’s a condo building now haha.

Attachments

• 910F504D-0632-45AF-8DEC-57B9AE287C71.jpeg
    910F504D-0632-45AF-8DEC-57B9AE287C71.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Stellrammer

I like the esthetics of some antique machinery, old Dalton Lathes and such. The larger they are and especially the wide leather belt line driven machines, I would rather look at someone else’s. If you just like old and curious that’s ok, but paying top dollar for a machine that is extremely limited in its ability and function is not very practical. There are still good bargains to be had for very functional machinery at way better prices.