• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

John Bertram and Sons Horizontal Mill, Lambton Shores ON, $1500

Rauce

Ultra Member

Price is steep but it looks like the seller is a scrapper. Probably picked it up and figures he can get a more than scrap value for it. One could probably work a deal.

Neat looking machine, don’t think I’ve seen a small horizontal quite like it before. I know exactly where it was made, not far from my house. It’s a condo building now haha.

Attachments

• 910F504D-0632-45AF-8DEC-57B9AE287C71.jpeg
    910F504D-0632-45AF-8DEC-57B9AE287C71.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Stellrammer

I like the esthetics of some antique machinery, old Dalton Lathes and such. The larger they are and especially the wide leather belt line driven machines, I would rather look at someone else’s. If you just like old and curious that’s ok, but paying top dollar for a machine that is extremely limited in its ability and function is not very practical. There are still good bargains to be had for very functional machinery at way better prices.