• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Jar brush

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I wanted some brushes attached to lids for various oils and chemicals. Like rubber cement and the brush - remember those? Lol Couldn’t find anything. So I made these from recycled gelato jars. Drill the hole a bit small and it keeps the brush in place. Unscrew the lid and use the brush still attached.

Attachments

• 9FC536AE-4E3C-49FE-9AC9-1BB4DC2159DF.jpeg
    9FC536AE-4E3C-49FE-9AC9-1BB4DC2159DF.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 4995A860-6347-4838-9F0F-8F4A510AB3BB.jpeg
    4995A860-6347-4838-9F0F-8F4A510AB3BB.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 32

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
that is brilliant!

If you like spill-proof jars in a more commercial way, use spill-proof paint jars available at Castle Toys, about 11$ for six, I think

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
What the heck is dark oil? I use ATF as; spindle oil, hydraulic oil, way oil, basically i only have cutting oil and ATF. But i know zero about oil. I also use rotella t6 in both my truck and my motorcycle. Probably not ideal but...

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
@Janger inspired me as well. My sister-n-law kept baby food jars for me

8118d997c7a721bf5866de24417f9255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Both those look good. Tubalcain has a video of one he made out of cans (tuna I think) nice design and easy to make as well.

Everett

Super User
Jim Dedmon makes spill proof cups out of slightly modded children's paint cups, similar to the Melissa and Doug ones that ducdon mentioned above.

Jim's a pretty cool guy, he sent me a couple and for a klutz like me they're the bees knees.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
The can on my lathes included cutting oil pump was the only thing that was good about it image.jpg i had a glass jar prior with a piece of steel in the bottom to keep it in place with a magnet but it was shattered so since the magnet was still good i evolved my setup image.jpg now it is solid and it will not shatter but it has no lid. Somehow, i will survive i am sure.