• Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

Jar brush

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Premium Member
I wanted some brushes attached to lids for various oils and chemicals. Like rubber cement and the brush - remember those? Lol Couldn’t find anything. So I made these from recycled gelato jars. Drill the hole a bit small and it keeps the brush in place. Unscrew the lid and use the brush still attached.

Attachments

Dabbler

that is brilliant!

If you like spill-proof jars in a more commercial way, use spill-proof paint jars available at Castle Toys, about 11$ for six, I think

Alexander

Super User
Administrator
What the heck is dark oil? I use ATF as; spindle oil, hydraulic oil, way oil, basically i only have cutting oil and ATF. But i know zero about oil. I also use rotella t6 in both my truck and my motorcycle. Probably not ideal but...

Everett

Jim Dedmon makes spill proof cups out of slightly modded children's paint cups, similar to the Melissa and Doug ones that ducdon mentioned above.

Jim's a pretty cool guy, he sent me a couple and for a klutz like me they're the bees knees.

Bofobo

The can on my lathes included cutting oil pump was the only thing that was good about it image.jpg i had a glass jar prior with a piece of steel in the bottom to keep it in place with a magnet but it was shattered so since the magnet was still good i evolved my setup image.jpg now it is solid and it will not shatter but it has no lid. Somehow, i will survive i am sure.