• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

ISO m12 x 1.25 tap

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
Hey all, I’m looking for an m12 x 1.25 tap in order to finish up a project that is kinda time sensitive. Does anyone in Calgary have one that I can buy or borrow?

Thanks,

Alex

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I can stroll over to the garage and see how many I have in stock. Do you just need one? The 1.75 is the coarse thread, the 1.25 is standard fine thread. Fine may be a bit rare but it is "standard thread" nothing "special" or custom.

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
QUOTE="Tom Kitta, post: 43023, member: 44"]Isn't M12x 1.25 just a common regular tap, fine pitch nothing special?[/QUOTE]

I believe that 1.5 is fine pitch, 1.25 could be considered extra fine from my research

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That’s a regular size.
KMS in Calgary has a 12mx1.25 plug tap.
(I can’t see where you live so tough to help)

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
I can stroll over to the garage and see how many I have in stock. Do you just need one? The 1.75 is the coarse thread, the 1.25 is standard fine thread. Fine may be a bit rare but it is "standard thread" nothing "special" or custom.

If you have one that would be lovely, yeah I literally need to tap a single hole and don’t have the confidence to do an internal thread with out anything to check the thread against. It’s also a blind hole

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
That’s a regular size.
KMS in Calgary has a 12mx1.25 plug tap.
(I can’t see where you live so tough to help)

It says more coming online :(

Thought I’d check here. Realistically I should just put the project down and finish it tomorrow but I’m so close

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Ok After 10 min of hard work I discovered I have 10 in stock. Brand new. 12 x 1.25 taps. How many do you need?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I can leave you 1 brand new tap and another used machine tap that is for a blind hole. I only have one machine tap so I need that one back. You can keep the regular hand tap for small compensation. Like $5?

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
I can leave you 1 brand new tap and another used machine tap that is for a blind hole. I only have one machine tap so I need that one back. You can keep the regular hand tap for small compensation. Like $5?

Your my saviour I’ll message you privately now