ISO m12 x 1.25 tap

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
Hey all, I’m looking for an m12 x 1.25 tap in order to finish up a project that is kinda time sensitive. Does anyone in Calgary have one that I can buy or borrow?

Thanks,

Alex

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I can stroll over to the garage and see how many I have in stock. Do you just need one? The 1.75 is the coarse thread, the 1.25 is standard fine thread. Fine may be a bit rare but it is "standard thread" nothing "special" or custom.

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
QUOTE="Tom Kitta, post: 43023, member: 44"]Isn't M12x 1.25 just a common regular tap, fine pitch nothing special?[/QUOTE]

I believe that 1.5 is fine pitch, 1.25 could be considered extra fine from my research

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That’s a regular size.
KMS in Calgary has a 12mx1.25 plug tap.
(I can’t see where you live so tough to help)

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
I can stroll over to the garage and see how many I have in stock. Do you just need one? The 1.75 is the coarse thread, the 1.25 is standard fine thread. Fine may be a bit rare but it is "standard thread" nothing "special" or custom.

If you have one that would be lovely, yeah I literally need to tap a single hole and don’t have the confidence to do an internal thread with out anything to check the thread against. It’s also a blind hole

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
That’s a regular size.
KMS in Calgary has a 12mx1.25 plug tap.
(I can’t see where you live so tough to help)

It says more coming online :(

Thought I’d check here. Realistically I should just put the project down and finish it tomorrow but I’m so close

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Ok After 10 min of hard work I discovered I have 10 in stock. Brand new. 12 x 1.25 taps. How many do you need?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I can leave you 1 brand new tap and another used machine tap that is for a blind hole. I only have one machine tap so I need that one back. You can keep the regular hand tap for small compensation. Like $5?

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
I can leave you 1 brand new tap and another used machine tap that is for a blind hole. I only have one machine tap so I need that one back. You can keep the regular hand tap for small compensation. Like $5?

Your my saviour I’ll message you privately now