• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Shop Is it a good idea to combine a shop crane and pallet jack?

Shop

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
‘Lifting‘ attachments are scrutinized fully by the TSSA.

* I worked in the Bridge Crane and Fall Protection industry with a few P.Engs*

Stress analysis is required with documented calculations and construction records for any crane-type device to be manufactured, sold and used in a public area.

Yes sir. We make lots of lifting devices, all drawings have to be stamped and the guys are all CWB certified. At home its more "that ought to do'er", I'll just keep my toes clear of there :)

Dabbler, your friend the late Mike Mikoda used to say "We stand behind our cranes, but never under them" Here's a bigun we made for Mike.... 110 triple hoist 80 ton bridge crane.....thought you get a kick out of some photos. Second crane is only 30 tons but is longer. Not the truck you want to stuck behind!

80ton triple hoist crane-1300x975.jpg

There's Mike like a proud papa with one of our guys - that's a longer crane but only 30T, also a double box girder

20200519_132843-1300x975.jpg

Heck of truck load! Three trucks, one for each girder and one for the end trucks and hoist

20200519_143226-1300x975.jpg

20200519_144655-1300x975.jpg

Last edited:

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@Mcgyver Thanks a lot for the pictures, especially with Mike in them. He is a spitting image of his father, whom I also miss.

As you know, and others have guessed, I tend to build a lot of lifting equipment. The 'engin-eer' in the 'ersatz engineer' in me. Pity to get all that training and not being able to creatively use it!