• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Interesting vertical shaping attachment for Bridgeport up for auction

Crankit

A Bridgeport Shaper head made for one of their milling machines up for auction in Victoria....I've never seen or heard of one of these!
https://www.bcauction.ca/open.dll/welcome?language=En

Item #44

8134387_Main.jpg

8134387_Small2.jpg

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM - you rock brother!!! :D:D:D:D:D

My "tete a sloter" awaits a mounting bracket - fixed the switch defectuse rather easy and have a VFD to power it. my government firewall will not let me view the auction but make sure it comes with the mounting bracket!!!

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I'm hoping I wear out at about the same time as my tools, that way I won't care what they're worth,lol

Brent H

Ultra Member
Wow!!

I have 5 projects lined up for mine!!

$2600 is a complete Bridgeport with some tools in On. Dang!!

You could buy two or three shapers for that:p
... I got my first one for free and paid $175 for the second one. However, I haven't seen many for sale recently, and they sure weren't cheap when I have.
On a lighter note, I had some work done at a local shop awhile back, when I got home the wife asked how bad the bill was. I told her "well dear, there's two things in life that are cheap..... You, and me."..;)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah that went a bit over the top - for 2600 one can contemplate spending few weeks and building one from scratch. Or just few days and making an adapter for one of your machines.