Interesting vertical shaping attachment for Bridgeport up for auction

Crankit

A Bridgeport Shaper head made for one of their milling machines up for auction in Victoria....I've never seen or heard of one of these!
https://www.bcauction.ca/open.dll/welcome?language=En

Item #44

8134387_Main.jpg

8134387_Small2.jpg

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM - you rock brother!!! :D:D:D:D:D

My "tete a sloter" awaits a mounting bracket - fixed the switch defectuse rather easy and have a VFD to power it. my government firewall will not let me view the auction but make sure it comes with the mounting bracket!!!

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I'm hoping I wear out at about the same time as my tools, that way I won't care what they're worth,lol

Brent H

Ultra Member
Wow!!

I have 5 projects lined up for mine!!

$2600 is a complete Bridgeport with some tools in On. Dang!!

You could buy two or three shapers for that:p
... I got my first one for free and paid $175 for the second one. However, I haven't seen many for sale recently, and they sure weren't cheap when I have.
On a lighter note, I had some work done at a local shop awhile back, when I got home the wife asked how bad the bill was. I told her "well dear, there's two things in life that are cheap..... You, and me."..;)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah that went a bit over the top - for 2600 one can contemplate spending few weeks and building one from scratch. Or just few days and making an adapter for one of your machines.