• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Inside threading 3/4 Sched 40 Pipe

Did you make that?

If so, I'd love to see how! That internal cam in the nut must have been a devil of a challenge! I doubt I have the courage to even try let alone the skills.
For $15.00, I let Amazon make the nut for me, I had been puzzling how to make one for far too long.
Every now and again I find it easier to break out the leather oil and gently lube the folds in my wallet, blow out the dust and pull out a couple of those one and two dollar bills that I have been holding back on for such an occasion.......:rolleyes:

Garyt

I made an er32 collet chuck for my 9 inch southbend but the collet nut and collets were purchased.
It looks almost identical to susquatchs.
I posted to show my internal threading adventure.
Gary

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
For $15.00, I let Amazon make the nut for me, I had been puzzling how to make one for far too long.
Every now and again I find it easier to break out the leather oil and gently lube the folds in my wallet, blow out the dust and pull out a couple of those one and two dollar bills that I have been holding back on for such an occasion.......:rolleyes:

I know that feeling! Makes sense too though. The nut is way too complex. Easier and far less complicated to just crack open the wallet.

Ironman

Ultra Member
Carts, work benches, frames, overhead trolleys

With those little spring loaded nuts and all the various corner pieces/plates/trolleys your imagination is the limit with that stuff
Spring loaded nuts are great except that Home Despot wants $16.42 EA. Much harder to work with nuts without springs but $.30 ea is worth the suffering.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I see. Looks like a metric thread.
This will make hookup with the tractor a lot easier

Nope - 7/8-14.

It might indirectly make tractor hookup easier, but it's really just a convenient way to set the plow down on the stand. I used an engine hoist to set it on saw horses before which worked fine. But the hoist doesn't roll around in the shop nearly as well as low friction wheels do nor is it very directional and lastly, it's BIG. This approach allows me to set the plow down on the cart, disconnect from the tractor, and then push the plow cart into a corner of my barn till next year. When needed, I just roll it back out to the shop door, back the tractor up to it, hook it up, and then go ripping.

I have built similar carts for a lot of my tractor impliments. I even made one for my 3pt backhoe - a HUGE space saver!

The carts are really handy, but mostly they help free up space for my wood and metal working machines.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Jeez, one dollar bills? :oops:
I remember the $2 bills, but not the ones

Then again, I didn’t know the USA had both $1 coins and bills

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Jeez, one dollar bills? :oops:
I remember the $2 bills, but not the ones

Then again, I didn’t know the USA had both $1 coins and bills

Once upon a time, Canada had paper dollar bills and real silver Dollar Coins. I still have a few. I clearly remember the day I held my first looney.....