• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Indexing Dividing Head, 6 inch, 3 Jaw Chuck, $425, Calgary, AB

jorogi

Yup that's them. The guy I bought the head from sent a pic but had no idea. The first pic he had them on thier side so I didn’t see the V grooves. Sorry there's no prize other than this, "atta boy".

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
demoed a fixture plate that he used to turn his rotary table into a much bigger one.
(demonstrated it at the Ontario meetup). Yes - a fixture plate works great to make a 8” RT perform as if it was a much larger RT. But they are 2 pieces and are easy to manage (weight). I think a fixture plate for a RT is an awesome accessory (cheap, light weight, and easy).
Really, couldn't you turn it to size on your RT on the mill ?
I guess i cheated. I cut it using the plasma cutter. I thought 14” was about the right size but 13.5” was the largest I could cut out of the 5/8” scrap plate that I had.
23BA5C17-4D34-4A2B-A562-4B924CAAD537.jpeg E6909290-7ED2-4AEE-8F56-D058E2C5E436.jpeg

I could have used the RT and mill to give it a nice smooth edge, but I like the plasma cut marks.
41B69164-9E7B-422D-8FD7-2170E70B36B8.jpeg F8DD8687-12F7-4B1C-A1F1-B7D2A32A2417.jpeg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes - a fixture plate works great to make a 8” RT perform as if it was a much larger RT. But they are 2 pieces and are easy to manage (weight). I think a fixture plate for a RT is an awesome accessory (cheap, light weight, and easy).

This is DEFINITELY on my project list! I love it! Just need to find the steel plate.

No plasma cutter...... :(

Only OA or the mill itself..... :p