YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
4384a8c6-c6e4-4fa5-ab38-4cb4c556d7cf

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Looks a lot like my set. Nice accessory.

If he won't ship, maybe one of the Cowtown boys will get it for you and then ship.

Everytime I feel ripped off when I look at the mill drill I bought 12 years ago, I just remember all the accessories I got with it (including a universal dividing head set just like this) and then I smile. I could give the mill away free and still make money! And I might do just that!

Last edited:

John Conroy

Premium Member
Yuasa Japan made very nice stuff and it looks to be in good shape. In comparison this one from Vevor is probably about the same price when you factor in shipping but is likely not as well made.

Last edited:

jorogi

Well thank you JustaDB, this is now mine. It was shipped from Calgary Tuesday morning and I picked it up 48 hours later in Sooke, guess I can't diss Canada Post now.
This could go in the "Tools I waited too long for " thread but I didn't wait, I jumped right on it. I've wanted one for a few years and this one goes nicely with the News rotary table I got through the group too.
Now a couple of questions;
1 In the original kijiji ad for this (since taken down), in one of the pics there was an object that looked like a pair of some sort of V-blocks mounted on a rod, sort of like a mini barbell. Any idea what that might have been and does it belong with this ? Will I miss it ?

2 In the pictured plate someone has inserted pins and numbered each hole in the outer ring and it is mounted onto a stubby plug. What's all this about ?

20240425_123648.jpg 20240425_123725.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
In the original kijiji ad for this (since taken down), in one of the pics there was an object that looked like a pair of some sort of V-blocks mounted on a rod, sort of like a mini barbell. Any idea what that might have been and does it belong with this ? Will I miss it ?

Do you still have the photo? Can you mark it up so we know what you are referring to?

2 In the pictured plate someone has inserted pins and numbered each hole in the outer ring and it is mounted onto a stubby plug. What's all this about ?

I've never seen pins used like that. Maybe using the indexing ring for something else?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
About 5 inches assuming 1/2" for clamping. Much more with through bolts basically only limited by the rigidity of the part, the size of the mill, and the hold down method.

@CWret demoed a fixture plate that he used to turn his rotary table into a much bigger one.

I plan to make a similar plate to allow my 10" table to hold 14" parts. The plate could be bigger but I am limited to 14" on my lathe to make the plate itself.

eotrfish

Super User
In the original kijiji ad for this (since taken down), in one of the pics there was an object that looked like a pair of some sort of V-blocks mounted on a rod, sort of like a mini barbell. Any idea what that might have been and does it belong with this ? Will I miss it ?
I think the objects in question were a pair of Starrett 271 v-blocks with the alignment rod. It doesn't belong with the head. I don't think you'll miss them although they do come in handy every now and then.

jorogi

Sus, no picture of the thingy any more, I was hoping the person with the answer would remember what I was talking about.
I spent a little time cleaning and lubinig the head up and it seems to be in really great shape.