Tool Import gear cutters

Tool

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
New shop lights up. Honestly not much of a noticeable difference in light, but I'm sure there will be a difference on the power bill. I put up twelve 4' 6500k sections, in pretty much the same spots as the five 3500k 4' florescent tubes. A little more light around the mill and lathe as I was able to orient them a different way than the double tube fixtures, but doesn't really seem like a huge improvement overall TBH.

The big improvement of course was to the black smith shed which gained 16' of new light. I have 3 double fixtures that will go out to the barn for the wood shop. Next years project.....

I might buy another pack of them and fill in some blanks and under my overhead cabinets. That should really help a bit more.

They were pretty easy to put up, but I wish they'd switch to Parmasean, or maybe Pecorino for the screws in these things for a bit more durability.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
They were pretty easy to put up, but I wish they'd switch to Parmasean, or maybe Pecorino for the screws in these things for a bit more durability.

You just had to do that didn't you..... Just when I thought I was following, you throw some brand new screws into the gears.

I know about Torx, Philips, Robertson, Allen, and even JIS. But what the Sam Hellorino is Pecorino and Parmasean. They sound more like cheese than screws.......

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Tough picture to take. But it gets all the lights in one shot. Still need to do some cord management.

49nXeuy.jpg

I might buy another 6 pack to fill in some gaps. The different colour temp is noticeable. Feels a bit "weird" out there, but I'll get used to it.

It was nice to finally see the top of the welding table though....It's been a while.....
SmQSFlP.jpg