• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

I’ll build a shed it’ll be a simple project

Janger

(The angry Canadian, sorry)
Premium Member
Well I’m on the roof of the shed. My knees hurt and I have 1/4 of the shingles to go. Omg why did I say I’d build a shed? Winter is coming. I’m out of gas and if I go down I’m not going back up today.

So instead, I’m on the roof reading the forum and trying to get up to continue
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8994.jpeg
    IMG_8994.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 33
I feel for you. Needed to replace a "temporary" 6' x 6' deck at the lake and put in a proper external staircase, with something more substantial (safe) and aestheticly pleasing to the other family members. Been at it 3 weekends so far. 8' x 18' plus a substantial steel framed stair case (free off Kijiji!) - all done by myself without help...
Its kind of fun, except when it isn't. My body reminds me I'm not 25 anymore and this isn't a 1 weekend job anymore...
 
Well I’m on the roof of the shed. My knees hurt and I have 1/4 of the shingles to go. Omg why did I say I’d build a shed? Winter is coming. I’m out of gas and if I go down I’m not going back up today.

So instead, I’m on the roof reading the forum and trying to get up to continue
I can feel for you when I wasn’t screwed together I thought it would be easy after all I had my strapping lad at my side to help with the garage roof ….turns out he’s afraid of heights just like my brother was! Hey wait a minute!
 
I feel for you. We were planning to build a shed for the UTV this year, so I don’t have to dig it out to plow the driveway.
Until the wife saw one of those portable garages at Canadian Tire for $370.
Going to pick it up tomorrow.
 
I feel for you. We were planning to build a shed for the UTV this year, so I don’t have to dig it out to plow the driveway.
Until the wife saw one of those portable garages at Canadian Tire for $370.
Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Need a link! Please!
 
One product. Steel Roof! Never shingle again. NEVER.
My first steel roof, I got the dummy end of the tape measure. My employer had the measuring end. They cut all the sheets for the lower half of the gambrel and came up two inches too short. Apparently the dummy end of the tape needed to add in for overhang 🙄
 
Back
Top