• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

I’ll build a shed it’ll be a simple project

Janger

(The angry Canadian, sorry)
Premium Member
Well I’m on the roof of the shed. My knees hurt and I have 1/4 of the shingles to go. Omg why did I say I’d build a shed? Winter is coming. I’m out of gas and if I go down I’m not going back up today.

So instead, I’m on the roof reading the forum and trying to get up to continue
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8994.jpeg
    IMG_8994.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
As my old man said many times,”I will shoot a biscuit up, so you don’t starve!”
It won’t be dark for a few hours yet. Try to finish, cause your knees will be worse tomorrow.
I feel for you, you are lucky if the one day jobs now only take 2 days. We ain’t what we used to be!
LOL.
 
Hope you don't have to poop.
Probably best to not even think about pooping.
You know how it goes... once you think about it you have to do it.
Can't imagine being on a roof in full view of all the neighbours with a 2 inch grip on an 8 inch log.
Good luck.
 
I feel for you. Needed to replace a "temporary" 6' x 6' deck at the lake and put in a proper external staircase, with something more substantial (safe) and aestheticly pleasing to the other family members. Been at it 3 weekends so far. 8' x 18' plus a substantial steel framed stair case (free off Kijiji!) - all done by myself without help...
Its kind of fun, except when it isn't. My body reminds me I'm not 25 anymore and this isn't a 1 weekend job anymore...
 
Back
Top