• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

I made my own chuck wrench

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
In the process of using the lathe, I felt that the lathe wrench was not very convenient to use. I designed some schemes and made it into a real tool. And they started mass production, and they started selling.

Looking back at the samples that have been made, there are a lot of ------

2023_03_03_19_22_IMG_7163.JPG
Looking back at the samples that have been made, there are a lot of ------

Last edited:
According to Google translate from Chinese:

In the process of using the lathe, I feel that the lathe wrench is not very convenient to use. I designed something and made it into a real tool. They started mass production and started selling them.

Looking back at the samples I have made, there are many------

Who here runs an Amazon store? I would like to ask for some experience about Amazon's operation, and hope to get some opportunities to chat!

Now I don't know whether it is because of the problem of my product, the problem of pricing, or the problem of management method. I need to invest some time and energy in my store

I don’t have one but maybe you need a stand-alone store with social media advertising. For example parts from this store were discussed here recently. https://d-gray-drafting-and-design.myshopify.com/
They are using shopify to manage payments and orders. I have used square in the past as another example.

I think your lathe key is simply lost on Amazon. Too many options to find yours.
I suppose another approach is to try to place your stuff with machining retailers. Kbc tooling, shars , msc. …

Last edited:
I agree with Janger on all counts but one. I absolutely totally hate Shopify. Those beggers stole my credit info and then used it without my consent. When I called them on it they refused to acknowledge what they did was wrong and said it was policy leaving me with no recourse but to change my card and swear on my grandmothers grave I would never deal with them again.

I had another retailer try to get me to use Shopify just recently. I didn't know till the very last second when I was submitting my info. Needless to say, that vendor lost my business too.

Once you get it more available you could beg machining YouTube channels to use it. NYC cnc, turnwright, precision machining, that big guy … what’s his name….

Once you get it more available you could beg machining YouTube channels to use it. NYC cnc, turnwright, precision machining, that big guy … what’s his name….
I was thinking the same..... Product placement and a little bit of "celebrity" endorsement leading to your own website and later when demand is high enough to justify it, hit the amazon store.
In fact, the projects you take on and your ability to take decent pictures and translate your way through the language barrier suggests to me that a YouTube channel of your own might be the ticket to a wider audience......

In fact, the projects you take on and your ability to take decent pictures and translate your way through the language barrier suggests to me that a YouTube channel of your own might be the ticket to a wider audience......
I think that's a great idea! Start your own channel! Anyway here are some lists for you Sun.

Stores:

You tubers:
Clough42
Abom79
Keith Fenner

I agree with Janger on all counts but one. I absolutely totally hate Shopify. Those beggers stole my credit info and then used it without my consent. When I called them on it they refused to acknowledge what they did was wrong and said it was policy leaving me with no recourse but to change my card and swear on my grandmothers grave I would never deal with them again.

I had another retailer try to get me to use Shopify just recently. I didn't know till the very last second when I was submitting my info. Needless to say, that vendor lost my business too.
I also had an issue with Shopify,
I found that if a website has multiple options for payment such as Shopify, Paypal or CC, then if you are registered with Shopify all of the other options disappear. The only way to switch payment options is to go incognito.

I also had an issue with Shopify,
I found that if a website has multiple options for payment such as Shopify, Paypal or CC, then if you are registered with Shopify all of the other options disappear. The only way to switch payment options is to go incognito.
I was also confused by various ways of paying and receiving money.

Also, I signed up for an EBAY business user a few months ago, only to be blocked as soon as I finished. I don't understand why, and there seems to be no way to appeal. And then I can't re-register another business to link to EBAY, I think I'm compromised by the credit of other users in my country. I should follow everyone's good advice and start my own channel to consolidate my own traffic.

I don't think I'm a good businessman, I prefer to finish my own design and make something. I hope to have a partner who focuses on business in Canada or the United States to complete business promotion and sales.

Even if I devote some of my energy to the business, it will not be perfect, because my interests will cause me to not devote too much time to the business.

I am looking for a good partner with e-commerce experience to complete my hobby extension. If you are interested, you can send me a private chat !!!!!

I think that's a great idea! Start your own channel! Anyway here are some lists for you Sun.

Stores:

You tubers:
Clough42
Abom79
Keith Fenner
Thank you for your time and effort, I will try out the links and suggestions you provide. If there is a chance, I will visit your store and discuss some ideas together. Even if the language is not synchronized I will find a common mechanical language to understand each other.

Did you make a 10mm/0.375” version of your lathe key?
Yes, I just finished some M10/M12 tools, just because I am not good at the operation of e-commerce, so I have not been to sell, if you need, just send me an address!

IMG_6708.jpegYour chuck key look terrific!

A thought / suggestion:

I have multiple chucks, and they each use a different size chuck key. Plus, two different size square wrenches for my tool post. What about interchangeable tips?

chuck key look terrific!

A thought / suggestion:

I have multiple chucks, and they each use a different size chuck key. Plus, two different size square wrenches for my tool post. What about interchangeable tips?
I'm worried that the key will wear away the paint on the lathe, so I don't let the key touch the surface of the lathe.
2022_10_11_11_50_IMG_4807_看图王.jpg

Your idea is very good, I have manufactured some small batch lathe keys. The iron red color (M11) was manufactured for the first time, but there were some minor defects. After improvement, I re-manufactured the other two models M10/M12, which can fully meet your requirements. I have prefabricated the extended structure (outer hexagonal) and the middle screw hole, and I will gradually match its expansion components in the near future, for example: Other sizes of square key heads, as well as sleeve adapter kits, there will be adapters that can be compatible with other tools, which is a series of tool bases.

Unfortunately, I spent more time and energy on the machine tool modification, or the canopy construction. And I have another business that requires some time, as well as the necessary social activities of life. However, I will complete these trivial things as soon as possible, and push forward the small batch pilot production of the kit as soon as possible.

M10 11 12对比(小图).jpg
Also, a small number of lathe chuck keys are already on their way to Canada, and I hope some of you can use my design. Hopefully my little surprise will allow me to do something for the forum.

Nice tooling. I don't quite understand, does the wrench (lower handle part in picture) somehow fit on the chuck key (upper part in picture) or are they 2 separate tools?

1694887400116.webp

Reason I ask is I made a chuck key from hex stock to use on standard socket wrench / torque wrench if desired. But it needs a magnet or permanent bond of tool to socket. I tried a magnet but downside is it also attracts chips to outside & tool eventually become magnetized. Brazing or welding is not good with the chrome socket coating, although there are ways around that. Yes I agree, tall T-style chuck wrench is not always the most convenient.
1694887485306.webp1694887533205.webp

Back