• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Howdy

deleted_user

Super User
I've never been a fan of adding long skinny bolts a beefier leg. It makes the stand look odd. I only want enough additional length to level the stand.

I think I'd weld up a larger diameter telescoping tube extension to be able to raise the height if desired.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've never been a fan of adding long skinny bolts a beefier leg. It makes the stand look odd. I only want enough additional length to level the stand.

I think I'd weld up a larger diameter telescoping tube extension to be able to raise the height if desired.

I fundamentally agree. But that depends on how long and how skinny. A short one inch bolt as described by the OP earlier is a pretty beefy foot. Nothing at all like the 1/2" or smaller Bolts normally used.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Hey another KW hobby machinist !!
Our numbers are growing.

I am just off Homer Watson Blvd. and Huron Street.
I still work part-time, but I have been finally milling some metal at home.

Attachments

• 3DF7875D-2D1E-4E11-8AE7-78AC729698CA.jpeg
    3DF7875D-2D1E-4E11-8AE7-78AC729698CA.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 212838CA-4EE8-4C1E-A147-A17DD01251BE.jpeg
    212838CA-4EE8-4C1E-A147-A17DD01251BE.jpeg
    503.6 KB · Views: 4

SomeGuy

Hobbyist

I agree, it would probably look a little funny. You could sleeve the bolt/leg to make it look less funny but still just support on the bolt itself.

I've done telescoping steel tube, even if you use receiver hitch tubing there's too much slop, you'd have to weld/bolt on the extensions if you went that route.

deleted_user

Super User
I agree, it would probably look a little funny. You could sleeve the bolt/leg to make it look less funny but still just support on the bolt itself.

I've done telescoping steel tube, even if you use receiver hitch tubing there's too much slop, you'd have to weld/bolt on the extensions if you went that route.

I'd weld my own... I am fussy that way, and I need to practice welding every chance I get.

I also need to weld up custom telescoping tubes for my 2x72 grinder build.