• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Home again, home again...

JustaDB

Ultra Member
...jiggity-jig. Good evening, JR!

Despite @Dabbler & @johnnielsen 's best efforts to strand me in Cowtown today prior to the snowfall, I managed to sneak out of the city after 3 hours at a local Tim's & a quick visit to @Dabbler 's shop for a chunk of 4140 steel. Managed to negotiate the snow & ground blizzard to make 'er home in one piece.

Wanted to send out a great big thank you to the gents for their patience in answering all my wide-eyed rookie questions. Hopefully as much as 10% (?!) of their responses will get absorbed. Also thx for their suggestions on what material to use to repair my broken tap holder & to @Dabbler for furnishing enough raw material for me to give the ol' college try. Twice, maybe.

BTW, I challenged @Dabbler on his claim that his shop was...fuller than mine. I lost. Not even close.

Thx again, guys.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
So, after I got home, had supper, perused Kijiji, posted my links, etc., I poured myself a coupla fingers of Grand Marnier & sat down in my easy chair in front of the tube (LED?). Had a sip & woke up around 5:30 this morning, still in my easy chair, TV still on. Could smell oranges, looked over on the coffee table, GM's still there.

Hella good breakfast...

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
BTW, I challenged @Dabbler on his claim that his shop was...fuller than mine. I lost. Not even close.
I've been to Dabbler's place also . Yes , it's full , but he has a long way to catch up to my place ! He IS helping me out with thinning out my herd down here ..................every little bit helps . I ship a lot of boxes up to Toronto and now Calgary . If he ever needs anything , he knows he can count on me as I probably have 10 of them down here . :D

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I've been to Dabbler's place also . Yes , it's full , but he has a long way to catch up to my place ! He IS helping me out with thinning out my herd down here ..................every little bit helps . I ship a lot of boxes up to Toronto and now Calgary . If he ever needs anything , he knows he can count on me as I probably have 10 of them down here . :D
Don't forget about your friend(s) on the island! ;)

You know I just moved an entire basement's worth of tools in , AGAIN !
HEY, GUYS!...... WE GOT US A LIVE ONE!!!!!! :p
I think we're going to have to up our game a little, I don't think a dividing head here and a rotary table there is going to cut it....:rolleyes:
I'm going to have to start up the Canadian Connection if this keeps up . :)
Looks like he's willing to ship, I wonder if we can convince him that UPS sucks the big one up here?:rolleyes:

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
They suck down here also . Shipped a WeatherHead Hydraulic Hose die crimp set 2 months ago . $1280 . They destroyed the box . Over half the dies and bowls lost . They were fully insured . So far , I'm still out my tools and $1280 . Bistards . :mad:

They suck down here also . Shipped a WeatherHead Hydraulic Hose die crimp set 2 months ago . $1280 . They destroyed the box . Over half the dies and bowls lost . They were fully insured . So far , I'm still out my tools and $1280 . Bistards . :mad:
.......on top of the sh!tty service, they charge us a ton of extra special duty and brokerage fees etc. that often cost as much as what is being shipped..... :mad:It's pretty rare that you get dinged for anything extra at the post office..... ;)