Home again, home again...

JustaDB

Ultra Member
...jiggity-jig. Good evening, JR!

Despite @Dabbler & @johnnielsen 's best efforts to strand me in Cowtown today prior to the snowfall, I managed to sneak out of the city after 3 hours at a local Tim's & a quick visit to @Dabbler 's shop for a chunk of 4140 steel. Managed to negotiate the snow & ground blizzard to make 'er home in one piece.

Wanted to send out a great big thank you to the gents for their patience in answering all my wide-eyed rookie questions. Hopefully as much as 10% (?!) of their responses will get absorbed. Also thx for their suggestions on what material to use to repair my broken tap holder & to @Dabbler for furnishing enough raw material for me to give the ol' college try. Twice, maybe.

BTW, I challenged @Dabbler on his claim that his shop was...fuller than mine. I lost. Not even close.

Thx again, guys.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
So, after I got home, had supper, perused Kijiji, posted my links, etc., I poured myself a coupla fingers of Grand Marnier & sat down in my easy chair in front of the tube (LED?). Had a sip & woke up around 5:30 this morning, still in my easy chair, TV still on. Could smell oranges, looked over on the coffee table, GM's still there.

Hella good breakfast...

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
BTW, I challenged @Dabbler on his claim that his shop was...fuller than mine. I lost. Not even close.
I've been to Dabbler's place also . Yes , it's full , but he has a long way to catch up to my place ! He IS helping me out with thinning out my herd down here ..................every little bit helps . I ship a lot of boxes up to Toronto and now Calgary . If he ever needs anything , he knows he can count on me as I probably have 10 of them down here . :D

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I've been to Dabbler's place also . Yes , it's full , but he has a long way to catch up to my place ! He IS helping me out with thinning out my herd down here ..................every little bit helps . I ship a lot of boxes up to Toronto and now Calgary . If he ever needs anything , he knows he can count on me as I probably have 10 of them down here . :D
Don't forget about your friend(s) on the island! ;)

You know I just moved an entire basement's worth of tools in , AGAIN !
HEY, GUYS!...... WE GOT US A LIVE ONE!!!!!! :p
I think we're going to have to up our game a little, I don't think a dividing head here and a rotary table there is going to cut it....:rolleyes:
I'm going to have to start up the Canadian Connection if this keeps up . :)
Looks like he's willing to ship, I wonder if we can convince him that UPS sucks the big one up here?:rolleyes:

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
They suck down here also . Shipped a WeatherHead Hydraulic Hose die crimp set 2 months ago . $1280 . They destroyed the box . Over half the dies and bowls lost . They were fully insured . So far , I'm still out my tools and $1280 . Bistards . :mad:

They suck down here also . Shipped a WeatherHead Hydraulic Hose die crimp set 2 months ago . $1280 . They destroyed the box . Over half the dies and bowls lost . They were fully insured . So far , I'm still out my tools and $1280 . Bistards . :mad:
.......on top of the sh!tty service, they charge us a ton of extra special duty and brokerage fees etc. that often cost as much as what is being shipped..... :mad:It's pretty rare that you get dinged for anything extra at the post office..... ;)