• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hi, I'm Joel. I like stuff.

Hello everyone. I was really hoping to get an introduction done BEFORE I had to come on and start asking for help and asking questions right away, but life gets in the way of living.

I will pretend that it is two weeks ago , do my intro and then perhaps post another thread asking for help.

So yeah. I'm Joel. I run my own small engine repair business and I've always been involved in playing in a shop in some way or an other. I am originally from NB and had my first job as a mechanic when I was 17. My father was a motorcycle ( small engine mechanic ) for 40+ years and I learned most of what I know from him.

In general I just like to build and fix things. When I'm not working I'm "playing" in my garage with random nonsense. I have a 1976 Austin Mini that I have mostly rebuilt. ( not restored as I don't have the patients or attention for detail required ) It needs paint and a few other little bits but is mostly complete. The Mini got put on hold about 5 years ago when my Gf and I started saving for a downpayment on our house. Then I built a garage... and life happened.

Over the past 10-12 years I have gathered tools to help with my work and also to have fun with in my garage. I have Lincoln Mig welder, Victor Cutmaster 42 plasma cutter, 22 lathe, drill press lots of hand tools and lots of the "normal" shop tools.

I went from owning a SIEG C6 lathe a month or so ago to recently purchasing a King Canada KC1022ML. The reason I decided to get a new lathe was that I wanted to go from using the lathe do the odd shaft repair ( for my business ) to more of a hobby and to work on improving my skill set. I just signed up to this forum but started following along months ago as I was looking for places to get materials in Calgary and came across a few posts while searching Google.

So, that's me. I have a hard time keeping this short and sweet. Hopefully someone enjoys reading my long winded posts :)

I will now look for an appropriate place to post a few other things.

Cheers !

EricB

giphy.gif