• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hi from Langford (Victoria), BC

curmudgeon

(Steve)
Hope all works out, sounds like the lathe may work for you.
I hope so to you. Talked some more with the seller, watched and listened to some videos of it turning, and eTransferred a deposit. Thanks for the link earlier! Now to arrange pickup; he has a bad back and can not help.

I'll be doing a one-day, return trip from Victoria <-> Langley and will have extra room if anyone needs. Is there a CHMW-ship forum where members share travel plans and offers to pick-up/deliver along their route?

curmudgeon

(Steve)
When you get a lathe give me a shout. I have various implements such as engine hoist, timbers etc. that may be useful when you need to get a lathe to your basement.

Chris

"Shout"!!! I have a lathe, just need to get over to Langley and pick it up. If I could rent/borrow your engine hoist that would be a huge help.

Step 1 is to pick it up and just drop it off in my garage; I'll need some time before I can drag it to the basement.

cjmac

"Shout"!!! I have a lathe, just need to get over to Langley and pick it up. If I could rent/borrow your engine hoist that would be a huge help.

Step 1 is to pick it up and just drop it off in my garage; I'll need some time before I can drag it to the basement.
No problem (you can borrow it). I just sent you my email address in a conversation so we can set things up. The stuff is in the Highlands.

Chris