Hi from Kitchener, ON

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Machinist + Designer looking for 3/4 hp mini mill to rebuild.
Semi-Retirement leaves me with time to revisit home builds.
My shop is small but I have a lot of 2D design experience In industrial process machinery.
-Len VanWonderen

gerritv

Gerrit
Hi from St Catharines.
I will have a small horizontal (unkonwn brand) mill for sale soon. 1/2hp motor, ER32 collet chuck.

Gerrit

Oldarm

John
Machinist + Designer looking for 3/4 hp mini mill to rebuild.
Semi-Retirement leaves me with time to revisit home builds.
My shop is small but I have a lot of 2D design experience In industrial process machinery.
-Len VanWonderen
And welcome from Brampton Ontario! John.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario farmland! (South of Chatham).

I get to KW fairly often. My wife's mom is in an old-age complex there. I usually have to wait in the parking lot. I'd love an excuse to go with her but visit elsewhere. Let me know if you ever need help.

gmihovics

Garrett
I get to KW fairly often. My wife's mom is in an old-age complex there. I usually have to wait in the parking lot. I'd love an excuse to go with her but visit elsewhere. Let me know if you ever need help.

I work in Waterloo and drive in twice a week so always willing to meet up for help too.

LenVW

Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario farmland! (South of Chatham).

I am still helping an automotive/machinery supplier so I work every morning and some afternoons. I can remember being in Chatham when BUNGE had grain milling operations there.
Where is your mother-in-law ? We live near HomerWatson Blvd and Strasburg Road in Kitchener.

LenVW

Premium Member
I work in Waterloo and drive in twice a week so always willing to meet up for help too.
Thanks for the offer, I still have to purchase a mill or lathe. But if you know of a used mini-mill for sale let me know. So far I have combined a Drill Press with an X-Y mill table to layout and position dowels and guide bushings holes in templates.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I am still helping an automotive/machinery supplier so I work every morning and some afternoons. I can remember being in Chatham when BUNGE had grain milling operations there.
Where is your mother-in-law ? We live near HomerWatson Blvd and Strasburg Road in Kitchener.

She is at the north west end near the university.

No biggie, just wanting to help if you need any.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for the offer, I still have to purchase a mill or lathe. But if you know of a used mini-mill for sale let me know. So far I have combined a Drill Press with an X-Y mill table to layout and position dowels and guide bushings holes in templates.

Sounds like my history. Been there done that. You will enjoy a nice mill (big or small) way more.

gmihovics

Garrett
I came across this in facebook marketplace. It's a little bit of a drive for you but not too far.

@Susquatch might have some input on this mill for you.

For $150 more there is a bridgeport closer to you in Stratford

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@LenVW Welcome to the forum

You are off to a good start. It took 5+ years for me to find my first mill, and then machines seemd to jump out of the woodwork....

Sometimes one of the members will sell their pervious machine at a good price to another member - and you live in a great place for deals. Something will come up.

LenVW

Premium Member
A full size knee mill is too big To get into my basement workspace.
Looking at used Craftex or New King Canada.
Let me know if you. Know of one.
Thanks. M.519-320-0384

LenVW

Premium Member
Sounds like my history. Been there done that. You will enjoy a nice mill (big or small) way more.
I have not been in Chatham for years. When my Dad had a tobacco farm in 1970, we were there for an auction sale and bought a 3020 John Deere tractor. Wow time really does fly !!
Where did you get your machining experience ?

LenVW

Premium Member
Welcome from Oakville.

Craig
Craig
I am thru Oakville on the 403 every few days.

Do you have experience on a XLO 602 or Bridgeport ?
What do you use the Craftex B1977 for ?
What size of endmill will it handle in 1018 steel ?
What do You like about the mill ?