• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hero Time

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Well @6.5 Fan ..... Looks like you either jinxd me or called in a favour from the hero God's for me.

I have been elevated to Super Hero status!

It happened when I removed the VERY SHARP HSS boring tool today that I used to make that button for my bride's lamp. So not quite during manufacture, but still part of the process and still worthy of milking.

20221021_114908~3.jpg

Thankfully I keep a box of Kleenex Brand Heavy Duty Hero bandages handy in the shop .... So I don't wreck any tool luggage with hemoglobin stains.

20221021_115532~3.jpg

@Chip Maker - sorry about the hairy knuckles. I could not find an angle that would keep them out out of the photos. I even tried combing them. Got a nice part, but it didn't help. No worries though, a few years from now you will forget all about it.....

I sure hope that you made it into the kitchen while it was still dripping. I have found that wives hate things dripping on the kitchen floor and will often chew you out before realizing that it's blood that you are leaking..... A great opportunity for little guilt trips later down the line......
...... Of course, this probably isn't the best source of marriage advice available....

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
See that’s why you keep cigarette papers in the shop just tear off enough to cover the cut and it dries on there like a second skin and washes off with water.

Now there is a shop tip and a half! I also heard that they make great gauges. Exactly 1 thou thick.

Tom O

Ultra Member
It’s thickness depends on the paper used I use zig zag white they are slow burning and the best in the bush because they will self extinguish the other are free burning. I’ve never used the normal ones or measured thickness.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
It’s thickness depends on the paper used I use zig zag white they are slow burning and the best in the bush because they will self extinguish the other are free burning. I’ve never used the normal ones or measured thickness.

Never heard of zig zag. It self extinguishes? What the heck kind of useless paper is that? Paper should burn so you can lose the evidence.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Very nice, mister

Let the half pint know we approve, for brownie points

Done! She says "Thank You"!

Just so you know though, I left out the half pint part. She is VERY sensitive about her tiny size. No idea why. She is a beautiful lady and her size suits her. But she hates any mention of her size, no matter how much she likes you.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You could have found a needle and used some of that massive finger hair to stitch up the wound. The ladies also love a man with stitches.:)

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
The second photo appears to show some sort of glass cover over the lamps. I can see why she broke the original. Where did you find or did you also make that?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The second photo appears to show some sort of glass cover over the lamps. I can see why she broke the original. Where did you find or did you also make that?

She bent some chicken wire to make a bezel of sorts, and she painted the chicken wire brown.

She dropped one of those adapters I made for her into the original glass. It wasn't the end of the world though. She didn't like the colour and didn't really want to try painting glass.