• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Langdon A.B.

wharris1

william
Premium Member
Very nice William.
You mentioned knife making. I'm not myself but find myself lusting over a belt grinder (sander) like what blade makers typically use. Do you have one yourself or have thoughts in that regard? Some guys are buying commercial units, others are completing from kits. I guess it varies by the individual, budget, tools & nature of work but anyways thought I'd ask. What about heat treating. Do you do your own or send it out?
hello Peter
finally found a couple of photos of the eerf grinder when it was newly completed, its an interesting design in that the majority is cut from 1/4" plate and then layered with each other to get the desired size, most plasma cutters can handle 1/4" without a problem so its may be easier to find someone to help with that task . changing attachment is similar to others as there is 2 receivers
built in

Attachments

• 20200504_120238 (1).jpg
    20200504_120238 (1).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200504_120254.jpg
    20200504_120254.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
No, but after seeing the Nexus I have considered selling my current one in order to purchase a Nexus.

I skimmed through some of the documentation on the Blog link. Lots of info on the VFD, general setup etc. That looks good.
https://nexusgrinders.ca/blog/page/2/
But is it a 'bolt-together' when you get the kit, or does it require any welding to complete? I don't want to tax you with questions, I can certainly reach out to the guy.

This looks very intriguing though. Close to home & seems like a good platform to add other d-dad's which I could handle. I have to do some bench building & shop re-org before this could arrive anyways, so no rush. Everything else I saw was USA based, very spendy. There are some Ebay kits that look interesting too but a bit more 'speculative'.

Crosche

Super User
I skimmed through some of the documentation on the Blog link. Lots of info on the VFD, general setup etc. That looks good.
https://nexusgrinders.ca/blog/page/2/
But is it a 'bolt-together' when you get the kit, or does it require any welding to complete? I don't want to tax you with questions, I can certainly reach out to the guy.

This looks very intriguing though. Close to home & seems like a good platform to add other d-dad's which I could handle. I have to do some bench building & shop re-org before this could arrive anyways, so no rush. Everything else I saw was USA based, very spendy. There are some Ebay kits that look interesting too but a bit more 'speculative'.

The chassis is fully assembled as you see it in the photos, there isn't any welding for you to do. You do have to provide your own motor and VFD or purchase the VFD that he sells which is top of the line.
As I said, I only met the gentleman once to buy some belts from him and he was great to deal with. He makes all of the grinders himself and stands behind everything he sells.
You are more than welcome to check out my belt grinder set up for a comparison.

wharris1

william
Premium Member
how often do I need to change the sandpaper tape on it?
Generally speaking you get good life from a 2x72 belt . they come in diffrent material that affects there life and price. Alum oxide grit is the least expence and of course shortest life. You also change belts for type of work. Corse grit for rough shaping fine grits as the project starts to take shape but long story short you will have to experiment to see what works for you and the materials you are using

Last edited by a moderator:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Amy is likely a spammer - I'm about to ban her but maybe ... I'll hold off and see.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
She registered from montreal, says she's from port coquitlam, and her content is posted from kansas. spammer. banning her ass. and I'm sure she's some grizzly looking old dude. :p