• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Chilliwack

Feeop

The KING KC-15VS is easy to disassemble and repair.
I have used it for almost 2 years without problems.
The parts department in Montreal has shipped all the spindle drive gears for me.
(Mine is still under the warranty period)
I think I will add a stiffener plate between the base and column to stiffen the assembly and add some mass for dampening.

How is the forest fire situation near Chilliwack ?
Thanks LenVW.

My parts showed up today (although I have installed the belt drive conversion already), but now I have a backup system. Question, is there a way to tighten up the Z axis? Mine seems to have gotten a little sloppy already. When I tighten the locking screws it still drops about 1/8", which throws off the scale. I did adjust all the gibs and things seemed fine for a day or so. Suggestions?

Cheers

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Mine has the same slack in the ‘Z’ axis.
Until I take the spindle assembly apart, I use the axis locks to stop any wandering.
There probably is a place to add shims to reduce the slack.

When I had a workpiece come loose in the vise and I snapped a nylon inter-gear, I found this video on UTUBE that shows the procedure to tear down the Spindle drive.

Grant Postorius at KING Canada may be able help with questions.
Go thru this e-mail: Service310@kingcanada.com

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Thanks LenVW.

My parts showed up today (although I have installed the belt drive conversion already), but now I have a backup system. Question, is there a way to tighten up the Z axis? Mine seems to have gotten a little sloppy already. When I tighten the locking screws it still drops about 1/8", which throws off the scale. I did adjust all the gibs and things seemed fine for a day or so. Suggestions?

Cheers
I was looking at a switch over when I had the gear problem.
Who did you get the ‘Belt Drive Kit’ from ?