Hello from Chilliwack

Feeop

The KING KC-15VS is easy to disassemble and repair.
I have used it for almost 2 years without problems.
The parts department in Montreal has shipped all the spindle drive gears for me.
(Mine is still under the warranty period)
I think I will add a stiffener plate between the base and column to stiffen the assembly and add some mass for dampening.

How is the forest fire situation near Chilliwack ?
Thanks LenVW.

My parts showed up today (although I have installed the belt drive conversion already), but now I have a backup system. Question, is there a way to tighten up the Z axis? Mine seems to have gotten a little sloppy already. When I tighten the locking screws it still drops about 1/8", which throws off the scale. I did adjust all the gibs and things seemed fine for a day or so. Suggestions?

Cheers

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Mine has the same slack in the ‘Z’ axis.
Until I take the spindle assembly apart, I use the axis locks to stop any wandering.
There probably is a place to add shims to reduce the slack.

When I had a workpiece come loose in the vise and I snapped a nylon inter-gear, I found this video on UTUBE that shows the procedure to tear down the Spindle drive.

Grant Postorius at KING Canada may be able help with questions.
Go thru this e-mail: Service310@kingcanada.com

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Thanks LenVW.

My parts showed up today (although I have installed the belt drive conversion already), but now I have a backup system. Question, is there a way to tighten up the Z axis? Mine seems to have gotten a little sloppy already. When I tighten the locking screws it still drops about 1/8", which throws off the scale. I did adjust all the gibs and things seemed fine for a day or so. Suggestions?

Cheers
I was looking at a switch over when I had the gear problem.
Who did you get the ‘Belt Drive Kit’ from ?