• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hello from Australia.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Suddenly everything is clear as mud.

I did not know that the Antarctic ocean was so recently eliminated. No wonder the ozone hole is going away.....

The opposite of Toronto is definitely north of 60 south.

Why did you pick 60?
because that is the northern limit of the southern ocean.

I grew up obsessed with atlases, and got into sailing because as a kid I'd view atlases and plan all the places I thought I'd like to sail to.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
because that is the northern limit of the southern ocean.

I grew up obsessed with atlases, and got into sailing because as a kid I'd view atlases and plan all the places I thought I'd like to sail to.

So the Southern Ocean is not defined by landmasses? It's just an arbitrary line around the globe at 60 degrees?

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
It'summer here right noiw, but not hot today. Wife and I went for an ebike ride along the esplanade, Aldinga Beach to Wilunga Beach, had to wear a darn jumper!
This time of year you never know what the weather will do.
My wife worked in Auckland NZ for 6 weeks for KPMG In 1994.
We have friends along the Gold Coast and Kuranda.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Welcome from Ottawa Ontario, glad to have you aboard, though most of us are from Canada, being Canadian means we are open to new people and new ideas. I'd love to hear about your machines and your challenges in getting equipment and tooling , we are pretty lucky here we can get most everything quickly but it costs$$ or the other option is Asian stuff much cheaper both in price and quality sometimes and longer wait times for delivery but mostly useable for my stuff.
And I guess that lathes would turn the opposite direction down there so how do you go about that do you just stand on the other side?:p:p.

Proxule

Ultra Member
Welcome friend, What brings you to this particular board, If I may ask?
Your recent threads are wonderful, Thanks for contributing,