• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hello from Australia.

Crosche

Super User
Why not? Knowledge is knowledge no matter what side of the equator you live on. :) Welcome aboard and greetings from Calgary, Alberta!

Cheers,

Chad

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Culturally you’re closer to Vancouver than Vancouver is to Newfoundland…

Welcome from Vancouver!

My Aussie Shepherd dog is named Adelaide, Addie for short

Brent H

Ultra Member
@toglhot ! Welcome ! A good friend of mine is from Adelaide - haven’t seen him in years but a real great guy! Australia would be my only bucket list place to visit. Hopefully you find this site as great we do!!

gerritv

Gerrit
Welcome, have visited multiple times. The world is as small as you want it to be, internet makes that affordable :)

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome from the Great Lakes area of Canada.
Consulted on a project in Melbourne, visited Sydney & Cairns years ago.
Still milling and drilling in my basement shop.
How is your Summer ?

toglhot

just a Backyard Butcher.
It'summer here right noiw, but not hot today. Wife and I went for an ebike ride along the esplanade, Aldinga Beach to Wilunga Beach, had to wear a darn jumper!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Of course you are allowed. Just no politics or religion is allowed here.

Most Canadians think that a hole down through the center of the earth comes out in China. It doesn't. From where I am it comes out off the SE coast of Australia. Without checking, I think the opposite of most of Canada is south of Australia someplace. It's no wonder we think of you as down under and upside down!

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Of course you are allowed. Just no politics or religion is allowed here.

Most Canadians think that a hole down through the center of the earth comes out in China. It doesn't. From where I am it comes out off the SE coast of Australia. Without checking, I think the opposite of most of Canada is south of Australia someplace. It's no wonder we think of you as down under and upside down!

!!!!

I better start digging then!

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Is that the Indian ocean or the Antarctic ocean?
I believe it is still within the Indian ocean, but an only 95% certain. I didn't check to see if the hole comes out north of 60 degrees south latitude.

interesting tidbit, the Antarctic ocean no longer exists. It was renamed the southern ocean a couple of decades ago or so. It only extends out from Antarctica

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I believe it is still within the Indian ocean, but an only 95% certain. I didn't check to see if the hole comes out north of 60 degrees south latitude.

interesting tidbit, the Antarctic ocean no longer exists. It was renamed the southern ocean a couple of decades ago or so. It only extends out from Antarctica

Suddenly everything is clear as mud.

I did not know that the Antarctic ocean was so recently eliminated. No wonder the ozone hole is going away.....

The opposite of Toronto is definitely north of 60 south.

Why did you pick 60?