• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hardness tester

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have this box with a hardness tester. It comes with one ball, two used bars with few spots left and a bit dirty tube to observe the results. The idea is to strike a ball on know hardness surface and observe indentation size. Then strike on unknown surface and observe size difference. Determine hardness from the difference observed. Not sure how much this is worth but I recon not much, let me know how much you think it is.
b8c06ee4b87e9ce04bf2921a44bce451.jpg

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk

Swharfin'

Out to pasture Red Seal Millwright
Best guess.. an early Brinell type tester. Does the tube still have the lens, comparative scale. the top pc. look like the striker? the ball would be struck by a uniform blow on the test pc. & compared on the scale using the optic tube Just guessing Tom
Thanks for the peek ETSY.com lots of old tooling

Rotaxxx

I don't know why I keep looking at this post... something about it tells me I need this but I just cant figure out why I need it or what I would do with it lol. But any way do you have any more pics of it?