• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hardinge

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Have fun with your new lathe. I certainly wouldn't mind owning even not perfect one. Just cannot justify the price asked - I rather spend more then 2x as much and get same size used CNC.

Looks good to me. I’m sure it will be great. Read up on moving lathes. An engine hoist is very helpful.

It was real easy! Way easier than I thought!
609924548f141d17cac6f79faeeeb225.jpg
c2b0933eb55274d90cf274392784a91f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Its not a big lathe - both weight wise and size wise. People move that size lathe into their basements all the time. If you have engine hoist moving it into your garage will not take more then say 2h - including untying it and tying it to the hoist and moving it into place. Maybe an hour more if you have just a crawbar and are by yourself.

Make sure you spend the time to level the lathe - you don't want it twisted. It has a short heavy bed but still nice to have it even - at least for lubrication purposes.

Its not a big lathe - both weight wise and size wise. People move that size lathe into their basements all the time. If you have engine hoist moving it into your garage will not take more then say 2h - including untying it and tying it to the hoist and moving it into place. Maybe an hour more if you have just a crawbar and are by yourself.

I found it way easier to use the car lift vs a engine hoist.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk