• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Greetings from Camrose , not from Canmore

Blue Wall

I am retired again. I was a member with the Edmonton Police Service and retired after 27 years. That was 13 years ago and in between then and now I was a Lutheran Pastor for eight years. I went from an incarceration mindset to embracing forgiveness and absolution. I imagine this a Little different. I loved machining in high school and did some welding while working on a farm. I am in the process of finishing off a 40x64 shop on a farm an hour east of Edmonton. I will in the next couple of years buy a lathe. That being said I know very little about it. I enjoy your forums and it is great to hear your stories which I can identify with being from the same area!

Welcome Blue Wall. This is a good forum to get you enthused, the fellows are knowledgeable and helpful.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Very interesting vocational choices you have made. This is a great group of people here and you should find lots of information and advice regarding all manner of machining and fabrication.

Cheers,

Chad

Hello and welcome!!
Ya very interesting paths you have walked down thanks for your interest in the forum !
What kinds of equipment/ machine tools are you thinking of filling the shop with ? What are you hoping to build etc

Welcome to the forum from Vancouver Island!
I’m a former Albertan, hailed most recently from Edmonton. Well, 16 years ago now.
Sheesh. Time flies.
Love to see pics of your shop as it progresses.

Back