Greetings from Camrose , not from Canmore

Blue Wall

I am retired again. I was a member with the Edmonton Police Service and retired after 27 years. That was 13 years ago and in between then and now I was a Lutheran Pastor for eight years. I went from an incarceration mindset to embracing forgiveness and absolution. I imagine this a Little different. I loved machining in high school and did some welding while working on a farm. I am in the process of finishing off a 40x64 shop on a farm an hour east of Edmonton. I will in the next couple of years buy a lathe. That being said I know very little about it. I enjoy your forums and it is great to hear your stories which I can identify with being from the same area!

Sailor

Randy
Premium Member
Welcome Blue Wall. This is a good forum to get you enthused, the fellows are knowledgeable and helpful.

Crosche

Super User
Hello and welcome to the forum! Very interesting vocational choices you have made. This is a great group of people here and you should find lots of information and advice regarding all manner of machining and fabrication.

Cheers,

Chad

MW/MC

Hello and welcome!!
Ya very interesting paths you have walked down thanks for your interest in the forum !
What kinds of equipment/ machine tools are you thinking of filling the shop with ? What are you hoping to build etc

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum from Vancouver Island!
I’m a former Albertan, hailed most recently from Edmonton. Well, 16 years ago now.
Sheesh. Time flies.
Love to see pics of your shop as it progresses.