• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Greetings from Camrose , not from Canmore

Blue Wall

I am retired again. I was a member with the Edmonton Police Service and retired after 27 years. That was 13 years ago and in between then and now I was a Lutheran Pastor for eight years. I went from an incarceration mindset to embracing forgiveness and absolution. I imagine this a Little different. I loved machining in high school and did some welding while working on a farm. I am in the process of finishing off a 40x64 shop on a farm an hour east of Edmonton. I will in the next couple of years buy a lathe. That being said I know very little about it. I enjoy your forums and it is great to hear your stories which I can identify with being from the same area!

Sailor

Randy
Premium Member
Welcome Blue Wall. This is a good forum to get you enthused, the fellows are knowledgeable and helpful.

Crosche

Super User
Hello and welcome to the forum! Very interesting vocational choices you have made. This is a great group of people here and you should find lots of information and advice regarding all manner of machining and fabrication.

Cheers,

Chad

MW/MC

Hello and welcome!!
Ya very interesting paths you have walked down thanks for your interest in the forum !
What kinds of equipment/ machine tools are you thinking of filling the shop with ? What are you hoping to build etc

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum from Vancouver Island!
I’m a former Albertan, hailed most recently from Edmonton. Well, 16 years ago now.
Sheesh. Time flies.
Love to see pics of your shop as it progresses.