• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Gratitude for the forum - & CAD

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Wanted to share what just happened to me:

So for the last few days I've been asking questions about doing a VFD conversion to my King 1236 lathe. I started the conversation asking where people snag cheap 3ph motors as the ones I was seeing online were $$$.

Today I received a 220 3ph 2hp motor at 1750 RPM from @justin1 in the mail. It's in mint shape.

It's exactly what I needed in every way. All he asked for it was shipping!! THANKS!

Someone mentioned the forum is like a bunch of people you would like to be friends with. I think it's friends we just haven't met in life yet.

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum possible - those who run it, and those who participate.

PS: Once I get the wiring done in the shop I'll likely be asking questions about VDFs and connecting inputs/switches to the VFD. Thanks in advance for the help!