• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Granite Master Square

Rauce

Ultra Member
I don’t really need one this big (16x24x3). But the price was pretty good. Tru Stone brand, which is now a division of Starrett. Sold originally as grade AA, 25 millionths per 6”. Current condition unknown but it came from a ISO certified tool and die shop so I assume it will have been calibrated regularly and have a sticker somewhere.

Paid about $500 after tax and fees, won’t be able to pick it up until next week.

Attachments

• AE30D119-B247-4CE9-9299-3995825809EF.jpeg
    AE30D119-B247-4CE9-9299-3995825809EF.jpeg
    564.4 KB · Views: 17

Rauce

Ultra Member
That is a monster! What are you going to do next, scrape a knee mill? :D
I think I’ve talked myself out of that. My excello would need to be reconditioned to justify holding onto it long term. The problem is without adequate working space and a convenient way to move the parts around there isn’t much point. Better off just to sell it as a project or a parts machine to someone else.

Next time I go shopping for a used mill I’ll be inspecting it very closely.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I don’t really need one this big (16x24x3). But the price was pretty good. Tru Stone brand, which is now a division of Starrett. Sold originally as grade AA, 25 millionths per 6”. Current condition unknown but it came from a ISO certified tool and die shop so I assume it will have been calibrated regularly and have a sticker somewhere.

Paid about $500 after tax and fees, won’t be able to pick it up until next week.
Want to sell it ?